Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Lead and manage a team in various environments
- Promote team cohesion
- Communicate effectively within the workplace
- Demonstrate leadership through your own behaviour and high standards of conduct
- Coordinate business operational plans
- Monitor operational performance
What You'll Learn
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to build successful workplace relationships
- Enjoy managing a diverse group of people at various levels of skill
- An interest in guiding people to meet their goals
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 6-12 months
You will need to have completed Year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate III level or higher, OR Two years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
- Minimum age: You will need to be at least 18 years old
- IELTS band 6.0 – 6.5
This course requires you to read learner workbooks, undertake a range of written assessments and engage in online discussions. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication. As such, entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 12 level
If you have not successfully completed English at Year 12 level, you can demonstrate equivalency with one of the following:
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; OR 2years’ relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
- My skills recognise that not all people are able to read, write and perform calculations to the same standard. Upon enrolment, you will undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment, to help you determine your learning level and plan your future studies
Recognition of Prior Learning
- If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our team during your enrolment conversation as you may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and may be able to complete your studies faster
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent Broadband internet connection 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Printer and associated software > Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher
Specific requirements for Windows users:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor (2GHz or faster recommended) Specific requirements for Mac OS users:
- Mac OS X v 10.5 or higher (Mac OS X v 10.6 or higher is recommended)
- 1gigahertz (GHz) or faster Intel processor (2GHzor faster recommended)
You will need access to:
- A digital video recording device and/or a digital camera and associated software to save and upload video and image files. Many mobile phones and smartphones include this technology
- Software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc are available as a download from the internet
- Some assessments require the submission of a video recording which requires a minimum of two people in the audience for simulated interaction activities
About My Skills Australia
We are a Sydney based family business that grew into the largest forklift training RTO in NSW. But Forklift training isn’t all we do.
In essence, what we teach allows our students to create a better future for themselves.
It allows young workers to start their first job in Mining or Construction, it allows people to upskill themselves to be highly sought after Marketing and IT professionals and find security for their family in uncertain times.
But It’s never just a job, It’s an opportunity.
We are in the business of helping young apprentices set a goal to buy their dream car.
We are in the business of helping single mums find well paid flexible work to thrive on their own.
We are in the business of helping you to create a better future. Giving you the tools to work in a team of like-minded individuals, to learn together and grow together, to thrive.
My Skills Australia is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #91037)