Grow your career into a rewarding professional career with our Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB40520 ).
Our nationally recognised qualification builds upon the skills and abilities of emerging team leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts, whose role includes some supervisory or team leader duties such as leading a group project or assignment.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Team Leader
What You'll Learn
On successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to:
- manage a straightforward project or a section of a larger project
- work with teams and individuals and take responsibility for standards of work, conduct and influence on others
- understand the need for a continuous process of review and improvement and apply that process across all aspects of the organisation
- promote teamwork by developing team plans to meet expected outcomes, leading the work team, and proactively working with the management of the organisation
- determine individual and team development needs and facilitate the development of the workgroup
- implement the operational plan by monitoring and adjusting operational performance, producing short term plans for the department/section, planning and acquiring resources and providing reports on performance as required
- advise on, carry out and evaluate customer service strategies, including the design of improvement strategies based on feedback
- implement and monitor the organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area to meet legislative requirements
- identify risks and apply established risk management processes to a subset of an organisation or project’s operations that are within the person’s own work responsibilities and area of operation
- develop and establish plans for scheduling and monitoring own work performance and feedback and learning opportunities.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
The Estimated time to complete the course is:
- 7-8 hours per week over a study period up to 18 months.
- Individual students (online/webinars)
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations.
- Year 10 ; OR
- Certificate III level qualification; OR
- Language, literacy, and numeracy evaluation
- Currently working as a Team Leader; OR
- 1+ year of RELEVANT work experience; OR
- 3 + years of ANY work experience
- The attainment of the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management will allow for articulation into higher awards including the Diploma of Business and the Diploma of Leadership and Management.
A combination of knowledge questions, work-related tasks and evidence portfolio, or RPL.
About UNE Partnerships
With over 30 years’ experience in distance and online education, UNE Partnerships is one of Australia’s most progressive Registered Training Organisation specialising in vocational training programs that are nationally recognised. UNE Partnerships is the wholly owned education and training company of the University of New England (UNE) – New South Wales’ second oldest university and Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider.
We are committed to the provision of structured, high quality, industry relevant training to promote increased skills and knowledge in people and workplaces. Our emphasis is on practical, accredited, nationally recognised qualifications, industry-specific courses and short courses can be directly applied to the workplace. Most of our courses provide articulation into higher qualifications including a range of undergraduate and post-graduate awards offered by the UNE Business School or UNE School of Health to enable a structured career path.
You will have support during your studies with us, all the way from your initial course information enquiry and enrolment process with our friendly Course Advisors, and all the way to your graduation day with our Supportive Student Engagement Team, Program Managers and Industry assessors, experts in their field.
UNE Partnerships Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 6754)