Please note, National College Australia cannot accept a Subclass 500 Student Visa as we are not CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) registered.
- This course is 100% Online with 120 hours of work placement
This course will prepare you for roles that involve the design, implementation and evaluation of recreational and health-related activities that enhance the well-being of people in the community. You’ll learn how to complete specialised tasks and functions in residential facilities, clients’ homes and community organisations. People working at this level may be a supervisor or manage the performance of other team members.
Who's It For?
- This course is designed for individuals who are already working in a related role and looking to upskill
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Personal Care Assistant
- Program Coordinator
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Activities Officer
- Diversional Therapy Assistant
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- This course should take you a maximum of 12 months to complete
- You’ll need to spend about 12 hours per week studying to complete the course within this timeframe
- Study load; 10 – 15 hours per week
Unlike many other registered training organisations, we don’t have different educators marking different subjects. You’ll have one educator from start to finish. They’ll be in regular contact with you via phone and email throughout your course, to monitor your progress and give you the support you need.
Well also track your performance to make sure you don’t fall behind. If we notice that you haven’t logged on in a while, well get in touch to see if everything is ok and help you resolve any issues that are making it difficult to complete your course.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This course requires a minimum of 120 hours of work placement.
Work placement is a structured program that will give you real life, on-the-job experience and the opportunity to practice what you learn. It’s mandatory for anyone who isn’t already working in the job role which means that if you’re in the industry but not working in the actual job, you’ll still need to provide evidence of having completed the minimum number of placement hours.
At NCA, we’ll give you the opportunity to find a placement but if you get stuck, we’ll step in and work with you to organise a suitable host. We take care of the administrative process in setting you up for placement and we prepare you so you get the most out of it.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applying for RPL is easy and our educators will guide you through every step of the process.
If you’ve studied at another registered training organisation in Australia, you can apply for a credit transfer.
- Short answer questions
- Multiple choice questions
- Written activities
- Observation of practical skills
- Workplace portfolios
The Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (CHC43415) is made up of 17 units:
About National College Australia (NCA)
National College Australia (NCA) is a respected Registered Training Organisation (RTO), with a range of online education courses that provides the opportunity to secure a future in community services, aged care, allied health, mental health, disability care and leisure and health. Our qualifications are nationally accredited so they are recognised by employers right across Australia.
We offer Certificate and Diploma level courses whether you are new to the industry or looking to move into a management role. Courses are delivered online via a Learning Management System, so you can fit study in around your work and lifestyle. Our online courses are available to anyone in Australia and include qualifications in the following areas:
- Aged Care
- Allied Health
- Community Services
- Mental Health
- Leisure and Health
National College Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 91000)