- This is a fee for service course, there is no government funding available
The Certificate IV in Massage Therapy provides the skills and knowledge required to work as a professional massage therapist. You will be qualified to perform relaxation massage and may find employment as a therapist at a day spa, health resort or multidisciplinary clinic.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Massage therapist
- Sports massage therapist
- Remedial massage therapist
- Massage therapist
What You'll Learn
- Practical skills training and assessment will be carried out in scheduled small classes to meet social distancing requirements
- Practical Placement is a required component of this course and will be scheduled as soon as possible with an appropriate placement host
- Given the current environment, however, this may take longer than normal and therefore, expected completion dates for the course may need to be extended to take account of deferred placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of course commencement and complete the Basic Knowledge Skills Builder (BKSB) assessment and meet Exit level 3 (working at level 4) for both literacy and numeracy
- Applicants must also attend an interview
- Please note: All students need to obtain a clear volunteer Working with Children Check prior to undertaking work placement
- Students who are unable to complete work placement will be unable to successfully complete the requirements of the course
About Mervic College
Mervic College is one of the leading private providers of vocational education and training in Australia renowned for quality training programs that are relevant to employment trends, delivered with excellence, and responsive to student needs.
We pride ourselves to deliver qualifications and vocational training that enable individuals to develop authentic skills, knowledge, and competencies required to enhance their employability and career opportunities.
We are committed to delivering quality training and skillsets that respond to current industry need. We make strategic choices that ensure delivery while maintaining sufficient financial resources.
Mervic College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #60036) CRICOS (Code: 03889G)