20% off course if you pay in full up front!
Have you ever envisioned about helping others who are going through the same struggles and experiences you once lived? Would you like to assist and make a difference to individuals, groups and communities that are near and dear to you?
Get one step closer to your achieving your dream with our Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work course.
The CHC43515 Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work course aims to offer the knowledge and skills to those who may have experienced mental health issues either personally or through helping others. This certificate will train you in all areas of mental health required to implement programs and activities to improve mental health and well-being in a variety of settings.
Our Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work course will also subject you to work placement of 80 hours to expose you to a real-world setting and allow you to apply and develop the skills you have learned.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Youth Peer Worker
- Peer Support Worker
- Family Advocate
- Carer Consultant
- Carer Support Worker
- Recovery Worker
What You'll Learn
Our CHC43515 Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work course covers a range of content including; Loss and Greif Support, Promote Wellbeing, Trauma-Informed Care, Personal Stressors, Respond to Crises, Support Relationships, Peer Work Practices and more.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
8 months with the opportunity to extend.
This course is online, with face-to-face practical assessments held in;
- WA – Perth
- NSW – Seven Hills
- QLD – Salisbury
- VIC – Burwood
- SA – St Mary’s
- ACT, NT, TAS – via. Video Conference
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate III qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
All prospective learners will attend a mandatory face to face career counselling session to assess their suitability for this Certificate IV level qualification.
You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums.
There is 80 hours of work placement required for this course.
Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face.
TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)