Turn your passion for caring into a career with Certificate IV in Mental Health. Provide self-directed, recovery-oriented support for people affected by mental illness and psychiatric disability. Work involves implementing community-based programs and activities focusing on mental health, mental illness, and psychiatric disability.
Work is undertaken in a range of community contexts including:
- Community-based non-government organisations
- Residential services
- Home-based outreach
- Clinical settings
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Mental Health Intake Officer
- Rehabilitation Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Community Rehabilitation & Support Worker
- Wellbeing Consultant
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
Duration and Study Load
- 6 – 8 months on-campus and online study
- Online learning with ZOOM trainer support sessions
As part of the qualification, you will undertake 80 hours of guaranteed work placement. We will coordinate your placement with a partnered organisation to integrate your new skills and knowledge with practical workplace experience.
Some of our industry partners include:
- Regis Aged Care
- Opal Healthcare
Why this course is for you
- Career Change: A fantastic pathway for people wanting to switch careers into a new & exciting industry
- Short Time Commitment: Job-ready course that you can complete in up to 8 months
About Celtic Training
Celtic Training is Queensland and South Australia’s leading private provider of training in Health, Community Services, Rehabilitation, Occupational health and related areas. Celtic Training is a leader in fields of health and community services both in terms of training as well as consulting services.
We deliver accredited training qualifications under the National Training Framework in courses ranging in level from Certificate II through to Diploma. All our trainers have recognised qualifications, skills and experience in their chosen specialist fields.
Celtic Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #40179).