With this qualification, you will forge a pathway into exciting and diverse retail management roles. You will develop your existing skills and experience to further your career and increase your employability.
With a focus on customer engagement and high-level sales skills, you will discover how to become a pivotal part of any retail business, leading and driving a team to achieve company goals and deliver tangible results.
Take on more responsibility with confidence as you learn, develop, and apply operational planning, rostering, and stock control skills. You will discover how to empower your staff to create a customer-centric culture and motivate them to excel in their roles and as a team.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Store Manager
- Department Manager
What You'll Learn
- Learn customer engagement strategies that will guide you confidently through any situation.
- Learn how to create and nurture a successful, customer-centric team within a retail environment.
- Emerge from your studies with a broad knowledge of retail management skills to support your vision of taking your career to new heights.
- Learn the leadership skills you need to analyse and pivot operational strategies during times of uncertainty.
- Learn how to manage store financials through controlling labour costs and stock levels and reviewing and reporting on budgets vs sales revenue.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Gold Coast
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months full-time
- 24 months part-time
- Certificate III in Retail OR
- Have relevant industry employment experience in a job role that has involved applying skills and knowledge described in core units of competency from the SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail.
- A program designed to suit your unique learning style with direct access to your Educator via the built-in chat function.
Nationally recognised qualification
- Nationally recognised by the Australian Government as meeting a set of standards that provide vocational outcomes and lead to employment.
Leading industry experts
- Fun and friendly Educators who understand you and are committed to your learning experience.
- Students will be required to undertake practical workplace tasks in an approved workplace/environment to complete their qualification (minimum of 3 shifts) — this will be discussed with your Educator or CA Mentor.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- RPL is available for this course.
Higher Level Skills Funding via the Queensland Government’s Skills Assure Program supports ELIGIBLE* students to obtain certificate IV or higher qualifications. The aim is to assist individuals in gaining the higher-level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in priority industries or transition to university to continue their studies. Students will be required to make a co-contribution fee before the commencement of their course.
To be eligible for the Higher-Level Skills Program, individuals must:
- Be aged 15 years or over and no longer at school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant). Temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency or a New Zealand citizen
- Not hold and not be enrolled in a certificate IV, or higher level not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training
*Eligibility criteria apply to receive subsidised course fees and concessional status.
About College Australia
College Australia is a leading vocational education institution founded in 2005 on a vision and passion to provide high-quality training for students undertaking studies in vocational education.
We provide a range of qualifications that are relevant to the real world, easily accessible and create pathways to successful job outcomes. College Australia is registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). This enables us to provide nationally recognised accredited qualifications that meet a set of standards and provide key vocational outcomes that lead to employment.
Our affiliations with various industry and educational networks ensure we’re at the forefront of current and trending industry knowledge and innovative technologies, which gives us the ability to support our students every step of their learning journey. We provide quality support services and networks and offer access to a thriving student community. We grow with our students as we tailor our innovative and focused education, and help find solutions for every stage of their career and workplace development.
Our qualifications range from entry-level Certificate II to management level Graduate Diplomas in the fields of:
- Business and Management
- Health Support and Community
- Hospitality and Tourism
Each of our qualifications is a stepping stone into a career or university pathway by boosting skills and knowledge to ultimately forge career success. Our Educators are experts in their field and are fully qualified, offering high-quality learning experiences for our students that are designed to meet each individual’s needs as they complete their journey with us.
Real Group Pty Ltd T/A College Australia is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31222)