We are proud to be one of the first Australian TAFEs to deliver the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
You will learn to deliver training and assess competency in the vocational education and training (VET) sector and the workplace.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Industry trainer and/or assessor
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) trainer
- Training advisor or training needs analyst
What You'll Learn
- Deliver presentations
- Deliver training to groups
- Deliver workplace training to individuals
- Address learners’ language, literacy and numeracy skills
- Develop learning programs based on national training packages
- Plan assessment and develop assessment tools
- Validate assessment
- Conduct competency-based assessment
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
- 1 day per week
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be 18 years and over
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
Recognition of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Practical demonstrations – workplace and/or simulations; presentations
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)