TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (NSW, QLD & VIC ONLY)
Plenty Training delivers the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification! This course covers training design, training delivery and assessment activities – allowing you to:
- Deliver training and assessment in a TAFE or Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Deliver nationally-recognised training
- Provide on-the-job instruction in a workplace environment, such as one-to-one apprenticeship training
- Conduct workplace assessments and skill audits
- Work as an enterprise trainer
- Coach and mentor staff
- Become a confident presenter and facilitator of learning
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Vocational Education Teacher
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer
- Training Advisor
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Gold Coast
- New South Wales
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
The Intensive+ face-to-face class (10 days delivered as two x five-day workshops) plus online training and support consists of the following components:
A 10 day class delivered as two x five-day workshops: You will attend a total of 10 days in class, Monday to Friday (delivered as two five-day consecutive workshops) in scheduled locations. These workshops may be attended over two weeks consecutively, or attended as a five-day Part A and five-day Part B, and will cover unit theory as well as opportunities for practical skills practice and demonstration.
You have the option to attend monthly, live virtual-class sessions led by a trainer covering all unit theory, as well as access to recorded tutorials covering unit assessment information and fortnightly trainer-led Q&A sessions. All virtual classes are recorded and made available on-demand via your online student portal.
You will undertake the majority of assessment activities outside the classroom. This time will vary from student to student.
Students will reflect on, consider and, where possible, integrate their learning into their professional practice.
You must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. This means you need to have experience in the field in which you are going to train and assess, e.g., hairdressing, fitness, finance, etc
An appropriate level of English language skill which is important to the likelihood of participant success
- Start a new career as a trainer and assessor
- Gain employment in the lucrative Australian vocational education sector
- Weekly earnings well above the national average
- 25,000 job opening over the next five years
- Increase your value with Australia’s most popular training qualification
- Make a difference! Help students improve their options in life!
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a suitable pathway for those who have all of the training and assessment skills and experience covered for this qualification and who wish to undertake an assessment-only process.
- Direct observation
- Product-based methods
- Third-party testimonial
- Determine assessment approach
- Prepare the assessment plan
- Develop assessment instruments
- Prepare for assessment
- Gather quality evidence
- Support the candidate
- Make the assessment decision
- Record and report the assessment decision
- Review the assessment process
- Prepare for validation
- Contribute to validation process
- Contribute to validation outcomes
- Determine focus of the assessment tool
- Design assessment tool
- Develop assessment tools
- Review and trial assessment tool
- Interpret learning environment and delivery requirements
- Prepare session plans
- Prepare resources for delivery
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions
- Support and monitor learning
- Establish effective work environment for learning
- Develop a work-based learning pathway
- Establish the learning-facilitation relationship
- Implement work-based learning pathway
- Maintain and develop the learning/facilitation relationship
- Close and evaluate the learning/facilitation relationship
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of the work-based learning pathway
- Define parameters of the learning program
- Work within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) policy framework
- Develop program content
- Design structure of the learning program
- Select appropriate training package or accredited course
- Analyse and interpret the qualifications framework
- Analyse and interpret units of competency and accredited modules
- Contextualise units and modules for client applications
- Analyse and interpret assessment guidance
- Analyse LLN requirements
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements
- Use specialist LLN support where required
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements
- Prepare a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Review the presentation
About Plenty Training
If you’re looking for a reputable training provider who specialises in delivering quality TAE training look no further than Plenty Training.
As one of the leading providers of training and assessment qualifications in Australia, we are dedicated to offering our students excellent customer service, high quality courses and access to valuable trainer support.
There is no need to take our word for it! Our high level of completion and satisfaction rates from our past students speaks volumes about our quality, not to mention the hundreds of TAFE teachers who choose to study with us each year.
We are proud of our 4.5/5 rating on Facebook, and even more so of the 100% compliant audit result we received in our recent re-registration audit.
Not all Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) are created equal. With thousands of RTOs in Australia, you need some good reasons to trust us to take care of your vocational education. Our quality, flexible delivery, student support, value and our student feedback results are just a few to provide you with confidence in choosing Plenty Training for your studies.
Plenty Training is a trading name of Plenty Systems Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32371)