Plenty Training delivers the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification! This course covers training design, training delivery and assessment activities – allowing you to:
- Deliver training and assessment in a TAFE or Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Deliver nationally-recognised training
- Provide on-the-job instruction in a workplace environment, such as one-to-one apprenticeship training
- Conduct workplace assessments and skill audits
- Work as an enterprise trainer
- Coach and mentor staff
- Become a confident presenter and facilitator of learning
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Vocational Education Teacher
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer
- Training Advisor
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 6 or 12 months
Distance+ course (recorded webinars and self-paced learning)
Our popular Distance+ course is available with either a six-month or 12-month enrolment duration. Our six-month course is recommended for individuals who have an understanding of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector and have some experience in the training industry.
If you are new to the VET sector we strongly recommend that you enrol in our 12-month courses. Prior to enrolment in this pathway please familiarise yourself on the difference between our six and 12-month Distance+ course options.
This type of learning environment offers students the opportunity to complete their studies at their own pace. Our distance course offers students access to a wealth of resources to help them complete their studies.
For Distance+ course six-month enrolment option only:
- 12-month or six-month enrolment options.
- Recorded webinars covering all course unit theory (available 24/7)
- Recorded online tutorials covering unit assessment ‘how to’ information
- Interactive online TAEASS402 Assess Competence workshop^ (*new delivery option)
- Optional delivery workshop (additional fees apply; subject to availability;)
- NO vocational placement required!
- FREE fortnightly Q&A assessment support sessions
- Independent learning and self-paced assessment activities
^ Availability in our new interactive online TAEASS402 workshops is limited to provide the best student experience. Students must have access to a computer with audio and webcam (or smartphone) functionality to attend this workshop. This unit should be completed towards the end of the course so there is plenty of time to enrol now and book into this workshop later.
Plenty Training specialises in conducting customised corporate training for businesses both large and small. We are the preferred supplier to a number of large Australian corporations, and our feedback is excellent. We can deliver comprehensive online and face-to-face classes that suit the schedules of your team.
- You must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. This means you need to have experience in the field in which you are going to train and assess, e.g. hairdressing, fitness, finance, etc.
- Unit TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning requires you to deliver two consecutive training sessions of at least 40 minutes duration to a learner group of at least eight individuals; plus another presentation to a group of at least eight individuals. You may either:
- Organise the three sessions and the eight participants yourself; or
- Attend a two-day face-to-face (available in most capital cities), OR three-day interactive online delivery session provided for this purpose, for which an additional $580 fee is applicable.
For Distance+ course six-month enrolment option only:
Before enrolling in our TAE40116 six-month Distance+ course option please ensure you meet all of the following recommendations:
- Have an understanding of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector
- Have some past or current training experience for reference
- Can attend the TAEASS402 Assess Competence workshop (or organise to complete this yourself) within the six-month window
- Can dedicate significant time each week to your studies
- Start a new career as a trainer and assessor
- Gain employment in the lucrative Australian vocational education sector
- Weekly earnings well above the national average
- 25,000 job opening over the next five years
- Increase your value with Australia’s most popular training qualification
- Make a difference! Help students improve their options in life!
- Direct observation
- Product-based methods
- Third-party testimonial
- Determine assessment approach
- Prepare the assessment plan
- Develop assessment instruments
- Prepare for assessment
- Gather quality evidence
- Support the candidate
- Make the assessment decision
- Record and report the assessment decision
- Review the assessment process
- Prepare for validation
- Contribute to validation process
- Contribute to validation outcomes
- Determine focus of the assessment tool
- Design assessment tool
- Develop assessment tool
- Review and trial assessment tool
- Interpret learning environment and delivery requirements
- Prepare session plans
- Prepare resources for delivery
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions
- Support and monitor learning
- Establish effective work environment for learning
- Develop a work-based learning pathway
- Establish the learning-facilitation relationship
- Implement work-based learning pathway
- Maintain and develop the learning/facilitation relationship
- Close and evaluate the learning/facilitation relationship
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of the work-based learning pathway
- Define parameters of the learning program
- Work within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) policy framework
- Develop program content
- Design structure of the learning program
- Select appropriate training package or accredited course
- Analyse and interpret the qualifications framework
- Analyse and interpret units of competency and accredited modules
- Contextualise units and modules for client applications
- Analyse and interpret assessment guidance
- Analyse LLN requirements
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements
- Use specialist LLN support where required
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements
- Prepare a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Review the presentation
About Plenty Training
If you’re looking for a reputable training provider who specialises in delivering quality TAE training look no further than Plenty Training.
As one of the leading providers of training and assessment qualifications in Australia, we are dedicated to offering our students excellent customer service, high quality courses and access to valuable trainer support.
There is no need to take our word for it! Our high level of completion and satisfaction rates from our past students speaks volumes about our quality, not to mention the hundreds of TAFE teachers who choose to study with us each year.
We are proud of our 4.5/5 rating on Facebook, and even more so of the 100% compliant audit result we received in our recent re-registration audit.
Not all Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) are created equal. With thousands of RTOs in Australia, you need some good reasons to trust us to take care of your vocational education. Our quality, flexible delivery, student support, value and our student feedback results are just a few to provide you with confidence in choosing Plenty Training for your studies.
Plenty Training is a trading name of Plenty Systems Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32371)