- Plenty Training is a private Registered Training Organisation and is not affiliated with TAFE
Plenty Training delivers the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification! This course covers training design, training delivery and assessment activities – allowing you to:
- Deliver training and assessment in a TAFE or Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Deliver nationally-recognised training
- Provide on-the-job instruction in a workplace environment, such as one-to-one apprenticeship training
- Conduct workplace assessments and skill audits
- Work as an enterprise trainer
- Coach and mentor staff
- Become a confident presenter and facilitator of learning
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Vocational Education Teacher
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer
- Training Advisor
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
This type of learning environment offers the ultimate in flexibility, where students can attend live webinars consisting of trainer-led sessions from any location without the cost or hassle of travelling to a particular venue.
The Virtual+ class course consists of:
- 10 four-hour live online sessions with a trainer, delivered monthly throughout the duration of the course which you can repeat as many times as you want (recorded sessions also available)
- Recorded online tutorials covering unit assessment ‘how to’ information
- One-day assessment workshop for unit TAEASS402
- Optional two-day delivery workshop (additional fees apply; subject to availability in each location)
- Fortnightly trainer-led Q&A support sessions
- Independent learning and assessment activities
During each session, you interact with your trainer and can ask questions. You can attend the same session multiple times and are also able to review the recorded session afterwards. We recommend that students attend or review approximately one unit session per month over the 12 months of the course.
Plenty Training specialises in conducting customised corporate training for businesses both large and small. We are the preferred supplier to a number of large Australian corporations, and our feedback is excellent. We can deliver comprehensive online and face-to-face classes that suit the schedules of your team.
You must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. This means you need to have experience in the field in which you are going to train and assess, e.g., hairdressing, fitness, finance, etc
An appropriate level of English language skill which is important to the likelihood of participant success
Virtual+ (live webinar) classes: There are some logistical issues relating to assessment which you must be able to address when undertaking the Virtual+ (live webinar) pathway:
- Unit TAEASS402 Assess competence requires you to undertake assessments under the supervision of a qualified trainer/assessor. You may either:
- Attend a one-day workshop provided by Plenty Training in which you may undertake these assessment activities (attendance at one of these regularly-scheduled workshops is included in your course fee); or
- Undertake these assessment activities independently or in a workplace, subject to the following:
- You must have access to someone who possesses either (1) the TAE50111/TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or (2) the TAE50211/TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development or (3) a higher level qualification in adult education and is willing to supervise you undertaking these assessment activities. This person must be able to provide a copy of their qualification, evidence that they have current industry skills directly relevant to assessments, have current knowledge and skills in vocational training and learning, and have undertaken recent professional development in the fields of the knowledge and practice of competency based training and assessment.
- You must have access to at least five real candidates within the vocational education and training (VET) context who are willing for you to undertake assessments of them.
- Unit TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning requires you to deliver two consecutive training sessions of at least 40 minutes duration to a learner group of at least eight individuals; plus another presentation to a group of at least eight individuals. You may either:
- Organise the three sessions and the eight participants yourself; or
- Attend a two-day delivery session provided for this purpose in most capital cities, for which an additional $580 fee is applicable.
Note: All webinar sessions (including any verbal contribution made by you) may be recorded and subsequently used as a pre-recorded webinar for access by other students. However no personal details are made available from the recording.
- Start a new career as a trainer and assessor
- Gain employment in the lucrative Australian vocational education sector
- Weekly earnings well above the national average
- 25,000 job opening over the next five years
- Increase your value with Australia’s most popular training qualification
- Make a difference! Help students improve their options in life!
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a suitable pathway for those who have all of the training and assessment skills and experience covered for this qualification and who wish to undertake an assessment-only process.
- Direct observation
- Product-based methods
- Third-party testimonial
- Prepare for assessment
- Gather quality evidence
- Support the candidate
- Make the assessment decision
- Record and report the assessment decision
- Review the assessment process
- Determine focus of the assessment tool
- Design assessment tool
- Develop assessment tool
- Review and trial assessment tool
- Interpret learning environment and delivery requirements
- Prepare session plans
- Prepare resources for delivery
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions
- Support and monitor learning
- Define parameters of the learning program
- Work within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) policy framework
- Develop program content
- Design structure of the learning program
- Analyse LLN requirements
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements
- Use specialist LLN support where required
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements
- Prepare a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Review the presentation
About Plenty Training
If you’re looking for a reputable training provider who specialises in delivering quality TAE training look no further than Plenty Training.
As one of the leading providers of training and assessment qualifications in Australia, we are dedicated to offering our students excellent customer service, high quality courses and access to valuable trainer support.
There is no need to take our word for it! Our high level of completion and satisfaction rates from our past students speaks volumes about our quality, not to mention the hundreds of TAFE teachers who choose to study with us each year.
We are proud of our 4.5/5 rating on Facebook, and even more so of the 100% compliant audit result we received in our recent re-registration audit.
Not all Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) are created equal. With thousands of RTOs in Australia, you need some good reasons to trust us to take care of your vocational education. Our quality, flexible delivery, student support, value and our student feedback results are just a few to provide you with confidence in choosing Plenty Training for your studies.
Plenty Training is a trading name of Plenty Systems Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32371)