- This course is fee for service, with no government funding available
- Student Visa Holders not accepted for enrolment into this course
It is time! Time to make a change – for the thousands, if not millions of people who want to improve their fitness, wellness and vitality and become a healthier version of themselves. Imagine being able to make that happen…
Conquering the battle to manage one’s weight has been a challenge that has grown over the decades, and now the need for a new approach is beyond obvious. In Australia alone, 56.2 % of women and 70% of men are now considered to be overweight or obese. (Ref: Australian Bureau of Statistics).
If you have a passion to be part of the solution to this ever-growing problem, then this is the course for you. Complemented with the latest research about neuroscience and the learning processes of the brain, this course leads the way for change by equipping you with the knowledge to understand why people make the choices they do about food and how you can help them change their habits.
Onfit Training College licenses the content for the 10859NAT Diploma of Weight Management from Global Weight Management Education PTY Ltd
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Weight Loss Consultant
- Weight Management Practitioner
- Motivational Weight Management Coach
- Wellness Coach
- Health Coach
What You'll Learn
Through a holistic education in weight management covering the principles of psychology, nutrition and exercise, you will be able to help clients make permanent and lasting lifestyle changes not just affecting their weight, but their life.
The skills and knowledge to facilitate group sessions and to work with individuals are delivered in this qualification inclusive of the ability to plan, create and evaluate programs for weight management based on a client’s personal goals. As a weight management consultant you will have the ability to monitor client progress and, in collaboration with appropriate medical or allied health practitioners (where required), utilise an evidence-based approach to deliver real solutions.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 12 months to complete
Study online through our interactive learning portal. You’ll have your own learning profile, where you can complete all of your lessons and online theory assessment. Everything you need to know to complete your study will be within your online course, include resources and information on your practical assessment requirements. With our online study option, your course will be self-paced, so you can study when it suits you.
Essential entry requirements:
- Have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets
Recommended entry requirements:
- Adaptability to understand and apply materials to various contexts
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to provide clear instructions and read and write manuals and reports and evaluate the impact of the materials
- Ability to interpret, evaluate and apply legislation to business procedures
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to acknowledge and respond and manage a wide range of views and relate to clients and colleagues from differing cultural, social and religious backgrounds
- Problem-solving skills required to fulfil job roles
- Ability to perform complex numeric calculations
- Ability to use computers
Health, Fitness and Wellness Professionals all over Australia choose Onfit to start their careers. Here’s why:
- Quality Education, by Online Course Specialists. Onfit are pioneers in online education and we’re passionate about perfecting the art of delivering quality education online. We pride ourselves on our engaging and enjoyable courses.
- Trusted and respected by Health, Fitness and Wellness Industry Experts. Part of what makes Onfit so different is that we directly consult with industry experts throughout the creation and development of our courses. Why? We want to ensure as an Onfit Graduate you start your career with confidence, knowing that the skills and knowledge you have, align with what’s needed in the real world!
- Flexible, Self-Paced Study. There’s no need to take time off work, or shift around other commitments, let your study fit around your schedule. You can study anytime day or night. We’ll set you up with a study planner so you can plan your study around your goals. Plus whenever you log into your course, you’ll be able to continue from where you left off, with one simple click!
- Superior Support. We’re with you every step of the way and are dedicated to ensuring your success as a newly qualified Personal Trainer. Our exclusive ‘Circle of Support’ Program has been designed to give you the highest quality support, when and how you need it. This includes after-hours and weekend support.
- Flexible payment options. Tell us about your budget and we can customise a flexible financial plan for your course. We offer Payment Plans and Pay in Full options.
- Multiple Choice, Short Answer Questions, Practical Assessment & Case Studies
About Onfit Training College
Onfit Training College specialises in online health & fitness education, with flexible study options & support 7 days a week. Our team are passionate about supporting you throughout your studies and into your dream career, with our range of courses in fitness, weight management & allied health.
Onfit Training College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#32107)