Compliance with work health and safety laws is mandatory, and many courses and individual units educate and train workers in how to comply with organisational and legislative rules.
This qualification extends that knowledge and understanding. It is aimed at more senior tradespeople or business managers who require an in- depth understanding of the way in which Health and Safety can become a key platform in any organisation’s safety culture, and a point of difference between just doing enough and actually embracing the spirit of the law.
What You'll Learn
- Assist with providing advice about the legislative duties, rights and obligations of individuals and parties prescribed in work health and safety (WHS) legislation
- Contribute to identifying work health and safety (WHS) hazards, assessing WHS risks, and developing, implementing and evaluating risk controls according to legislative and organisational requirements.
- Learn to communicate relevant information, identify and deliver related training and improve consultation and participation processes.
- Assist with the work health and safety (WHS) management of contractors
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Narre Warren
Duration Study Load
20 x full day classes over 6-12 months.
- There are no entry requirements for this course, however, It is expected that learners will be employed in a position that allows them to demonstrate the application of skills required by the program. Learners will need access to the internet for online research and activities.
- LLN will be assessed prior to course commencement.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students who believe they have sufficient past experience to demonstrate full competence against particular units may apply for RPL using the forms and processes available from the TME office. Students may apply for credit transfer for any units completed in prior qualifications, including for the elective units.
- Theory & knowledge assessments
- Case studies
- Practical exercises
- Workplace Supervisors’ reports
- Project work
Learning resources will be provided including;
- Training manuals,
- Powerpoint presentations
- You-tube clips webinars
BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Heath & Safety requires completion of 10 units of competency.
About The Management Edge
Since 1982 The Management Edge has been a well respected and established training consultancy operating throughout Australia with head office in Melbourne. Over the past 30 years we have provided creative training and education solutions to many of Australia’s most prestigious public and private companies as well as governments in the ASEAN and Pacific Block.
Delivering over 35 nationally accredited qualifications, in business, management, logistics, manufacturing, mining and safety, we have established a reputation for delivery of quality workplace based training and improving workplace performance through customised programs and consultancy services. We now also offer a range of in-house and online training programs.
TME has also established international partnerships with offices located in India and China offering programs to international students.
The Management Edge is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 3927)