The prominence of WH&S as an indicator of workplace welfare and productivity makes it a crucial strategic consideration for every organisation in the country. The vocational skills training articulated by the Certificate of Work Health and Safety – the informed application of relevant legislation, the identification of workplace hazards, risk assessment, emergency procedures, and workplace monitoring – remains in high demand, and entails the demonstration of competencies that go beyond their own immediate context.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Human Resources Officer
- Safety / WHS Officer
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
The course is conducted over a 12 month period with one unit of competency expected to be completed each month.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification. This qualification is suited to participants who possess a sufficient grasp of the English language, adequate levels of intelligence, and appropriate attitude and motivation to enable them to undertake the demands of a Diploma level qualification.
- English language proficiency (Year 12 English or equivalent); OR
- Obtain a Certificate III before enrolling in a Certificate IV level qualification, OR
- Demonstrate appropriate academic standing or workplace experience for the chosen qualification
All students will be provided with Smallprint Learner guides (online and/or hardcopy) for each unit of competency
- Access to fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Access to the Student Support Services (Helpdesk) where students can receive support and assistance in the use of the LMS as well as any administration enquiries
- Regular contact with their trainer via email, telephone and/or LMS communication tools
- Trainer/Student Messaging System
- Access to Upskilled’s Student Rewards Program
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is available for each unit of competency based on relevant workplace experience, formal training, or other expertise. To apply for RPL, please submit documentation in portfolio form for evaluation by Upskilled assessors.
A student is deemed competent when all relevant evidence is gathered. Upskilled is receptive to evidence gathered from a variety of sources including our own assessment processes. Upskilled assessment processes include:
- Recognition of Prior Learning/Credit Transfer
- Written/Oral Questions
- Written reports/Portfolio Assessments
- Scenarios/Case Studies
Regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates and attendance at classroom sessions/monthly webinars as required.
- BSBWHS404- Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS402- Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403- Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS405- Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406- Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBPMG522- Undertake project work
- BSBADM405- Organise meetings
- BSBWHS409- Assist with workplace monitoring processes
- BSBSUS401- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBMGT403- Implement continuous improvement
*Upskilled may make changes to the course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or other regulatory requirements.
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)