- This course is part of the Victorian Government’s Free TAFE initiative. Enquire now to see if you are eligible
Great news, the Certificate IV in Disability has two intakes in 2021. One for those already employed in the industry (night classes) and one for those who are looking to enter the disability sector (day classes).
For our daytime class, The Gordon will provide you with work placement and for those undertaking the evening classes, your work placement will be carried out via your current employer.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Youth case worker
- Youth worker
- Recreational youth activities worker
- Community development worker (youth)
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 1 year
- 3 days a week
- Up to 12 months
- 2 evenings a week
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 18 years and over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants are expected to have literacy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 and numeracy skills at Year 10 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 2
- Working with Children Check & Police Check required for industry work placement
80 hours of work placement is required in this course, organised by The Gordon. Placement will be over 3 consecutive weeks, full time. A current police check and approved Working with Children’s Check is required.
*Please note that you may be required to travel outside of your usual training location to attend placement. This may include other regional areas or suburbs of Melbourne.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Industry placement
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)