Procurement is at the core of business operations; it dictates the products and services utilised in delivering value to respective customers, shareholders or taxpayers. In the complexity of the constantly evolving marketplace, procurement skills are being heavily sought after in delivering value for money, sustainable solutions and collaborative partnerships.
Our Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting has been specifically designed to recognise the skills of those working in procurement and contract roles within the public sector. It covers the broad range of skills required to operate without supervision in procurement and contracting environment.
For those looking for procurement within the private sector, we would recommend the Certificate IV in Business (Procurement) BSB40120.
Who's It For?
- Students who are just entering into procurement or contracts-based role in the public sector
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Administration officer
- Procurement/purchasing officer
- Contract administrator
- Project Officer
What You'll Learn
Broadly the Procurement and Contracting program confirms to an employer your application of the following skills within a professional environment:
- Contract procurement skills
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- We provide students with the ability to complete the Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting over a one (1) year period; however, we find that the average time is between 9 to 12 months
- During that time there is a large variance in the amount of time each student spends working on the qualification
- Online: Self-paced with online interactive learning material
- Students have 12 months to complete and are assigned a dedicated training consultant to assist with assessments or further clarification on learning
- There are no formal requirements to gain entry into this qualification
- It is ideal that students have previous exposure to working with procurement and contracts, ideally in a public sector (government) workplace
- This may include a previous workplace, as long as the skills can still be applied in a simulated manner
- The key benefits will include an understanding of the public sector environment, practical skills in research, planning and implementing procurement, as well as providing participants with a working knowledge of contracts and contract management
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Available to students who have vast experience in government procurement and/or contract manager role for several years and managing all aspects of the procurement process
- This pathway is best for those who do not require any further learning and can provide workplace evidence and understanding of the procurement processes
About Scope Training
Scope Training is a niche Registered Training Organisation based in Perth, working in close collaboration with diverse clients ranging from industries in Mining, Oil & Gas, Construction and the Public Sector. Our RTO Code is 52127. Scope does things a little differently to most training organisations, the main point of difference is that all the training development, delivery and assessment are conducted by subject matter experts. Where most organisations hire trainers, the consultants at Scope are industry experts with a demonstrated ability to pass on their skills, knowledge and experience.
Scope combines a highly qualified and experienced staff base to facilitate flexible Nationally Recognised Training across Project Management, Management & Business, Training & Assessment and Health & Safety. Scope offers training in two specific markets; the corporate training market, assisting organisations develop their staff as well as the individual market; assisting individuals improve their skills, careers and competitiveness in the employment market.
Scope Training is a Registered Training Organization (RTO Code: 52127)