Your career as a community mental health specialist is now within reach and within budget.
Always wanted to help and make a real, positive difference to people’s lives? Learn how to support children, teenagers and adults through the Certificate in Community Mental Health.
This online course is broken into two sections: mental health in adults and children & adolescent mental health. Upon completion, you can have a deep understanding of common mental health conditions, knowing how to identify symptoms and provide treatments. You will also gain skills and insights to become a successful practitioner in this complex, yet rewarding and fast-growing industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Social Service Worker and Case Worker
- Probations Officer and Corrections Treatment Facilitator
- Life Coach (grief, rehabilitation, addictions, academic/career, crisis)
- Mental Health Coordinator
- Family and Marriage Therapist
- Art and Music Therapist
- Child Care Worker
- Outreach and Community Support Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
This online Community Mental Health course takes approximately 200 hours to complete, but you have full access for 12 months to suit your self-paced learning.
- Flexible and interest-free payment plans
- Learn 100% online, anywhere and anytime
- Accredited by organisations & state industry bodies
- Self-paced learning to suit individual’s capability
- Dedicated consultancy from the first enquiry
- Nature and Scope of Mental Health
- Childhood Depression and possible impact into adolescence
- Anxiety Disorders (Separation, School phobias etc.)
- Tic Disorders (e.g. Tourette’s)
- Brain Disorders (Injury and Disease)
- Other Disorders (e.g. Motor disorders, Elimination disorders, Feeding & eating disorders etc.)
- Environmental Problems (Abuse & Neglect; Relationship problems)
- Problems of Adolescence (Anorexia, Bulimia, Substance use, Family conflict)
- Holistic and Alternative Approaches to Treatment
- Special Project (students choose a topic of interest)
- Introduction to Mental Health Issues
- Depression in Men and Women
- Anxiety, Phobias and OCD
- Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Helping Yourself in Mental Health Issues
- Services for Mental Health Issues
And more in-depth modules to help you become a recognised specialist in Community Mental Health.
Courses4me is a new age online education company, with decades of experience in both the public and private education space. Our founders have a combined 27 years experience in education and training and have come together to provide quality and affordable education for everyone that is looking to upskill.