- This course is not CRICOS registered and is not available to Student Visa holders
If you are passionate about helping people reach their health and fitness goals and want to choose your own hours or be your own boss, becoming a qualified Personal Trainer is a great fit. Our SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + entry requirements Complete Personal Trainer^ program offers you an interactive hands-on approach to learning, giving you the knowledge and skills you need to assess clients and tailor exercise programs to reach their individual goals.
If you haven’t yet completed a SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness, this course will equip you with the necessary knowledge and competencies required to work as a Personal Trainer. You will start with the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness compulsory units before launching into the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness. Supported by real fitness professionals, in real gyms, this course covers the fundamentals of fitness plus an understanding of the latest in healthy eating trends, motivational psychology and the essentials of small business planning.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Your own personal training business
- Community fitness settings
- Personal training franchises
- Health clubs
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC: Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
Working with Children Check
In order to complete your Work Placement, you may be required to hold a current “Working with Children Check Clearance” issued by the relevant Responsible Authority in the State or Territory in which you will undertake this course. Please see the Student Handbook for more information.
First Aid Certificate
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who hold a current first aid and CPR certificate and have been recognised as competent through a recognised training program or recognition process against the following units of competency. This qualification needs to be completed through an external third party, and the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTO 3605) which provides First aid Training to AIPT students at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is an independent third party training provider. This is an additional service offered by AIPT; however, students are able to source their own training provider to suit their needs.
- Largest network of locations – We have the industry’s largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we’re in your area.
- Flexible payment options – A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle.
- Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms – Designed to give you a most practical experience in a real gym environment.
- Largest network of industry partnerships – The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners.
Graduate Placement Assistance
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has partnered with a number of gyms to not only offer you the highest calibre of training but also to offer you a Graduate Placement Assistance#.
This Graduate Placement Assistance applies to all those who study the Complete Personal Trainer^ Program at a Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime location.
When you graduate from the Complete Personal Trainer^ Program, you may be eligible for opportunities with one of our leading gym network partners.
To be eligible for a Graduate Placement Assistance, you must undertake a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness or the Complete Personal Trainer Program at a select Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime facility. This qualification combines self-paced online learning with the additional support of weekly partner mentorship, with each practical tutorial delivered to a small group of students in a Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime gym environment. All conducted by a fitness professional endorsed by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers. All of our fitness professionals are highly qualified Personal Trainers and with years of industry experience.
About Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
At the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) we are experts in nutrition and fitness, and equip our students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside our partner Registered Training Organisation Foundation Education (RTO 22557), we have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide.
When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support – Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations – We have the industry’s largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we’re in your area.
Flexible delivery options – We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO – 32363)