Be your own boss and carve out your fitness enterprise with the Complete Personal Trainer Program and BSB50215 Diploma of Business Package.
Help people reach their personal health and fitness goals by gaining the qualification required to not just work, but thrive as a Personal Trainer.
The AIPT Complete Personal Trainer^ Program will give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in your fitness career. You will learn to provide physical assessments and incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming, alongside instructing programs for body composition goals and providing healthy eating information to clients. Combined with the BSB50215 Diploma of Business, you’ll learn the fundamentals of business planning, growth and sustainability so you can do business your way.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Your own personal training business
- Community fitness settings
- Personal training franchises
- Health clubs
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
Duration and Study Load
UP TO: 24 months
52 hours face-to-face practical delivered on-campus with theory components completed online, in your own time.
40 hours of face-to-face practical completed with an AIPT Mentor, a qualified Personal Trainer, who will guide you through your course material and provide you with hands-on experience, with theory components completed online, in your own time.
Dependant on availability of a mentor in your area.
Student Selected Mentor
Choose your own mentor* to guide you through 40 hours of face-to-face practical. Theory components are completed online, in your own time.
The SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + entry requirements has three delivery options to choose from each with up to 12 months to complete:
- Student Selected Mentor
- AIPT Selected Mentor
- Face-to-face On-campus
The BSB50215 Diploma of Business will be delivered online with up to 12 months to complete after the successful completion of the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + entry requirements qualification.
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC: Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
Working with Children Check
In order to complete your Work Placement, you may be required to hold a current ‘Working with Children Check Clearance’ issued by the relevant Responsible Authority in the State or Territory in which you will undertake this course. Please see the Student Handbook for more information.
- Largest network of locations – We have the industry’s largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we’re in your area.
- Flexible payment options – A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle.
- Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms – Designed to give you a most practical experience in a real gym environment.
- Largest network of industry partnerships – The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to assess client movement and exercise capacity and develop an appropriate exercise program.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to identify situations and conditions requiring guidance from, or the need to work with, medical or allied health professionals.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to identify when the provision of nutritional advice is beyond the scope of practice of a personal trainer.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to use the Eat for Health Program to support clients who do not have special dietary needs.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to promote exercise and incorporate behaviour change strategies into fitness instruction, programming and provision of fitness advice
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to create systems and process to organise information and prioritise tasks. It applies to individuals working in managerial positions who have excellent organisational skills. The work ethic of individuals in this role has a significant impact on the work culture and patterns of behaviour of others as managers at this level are role models in their work environment.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to undertake a straightforward project or a section of a larger project. It covers developing a project plan, administering and monitoring the project, finalising the project and reviewing the project to identify lessons learned for future application. This unit applies to individuals who play a significant role in ensuring a project meets timelines, quality standards, budgetary limits and other set requirements.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to identify and comply with all regulations affecting the business.
About Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
At the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) we are experts in nutrition and fitness, and equip our students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside our partner Registered Training Organisation Foundation Education (RTO 22557), we have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide.
When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support – Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations – We have the industry’s largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we’re in your area.
Flexible delivery options – We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO – 32363)