Do you love listening to crime podcasts and watching real life crime television? Are you fascinated by forensics and the role they play to solve crime? Do you want to learn more about criminal behaviour and what leads people to do what they do? Then this course is for you.
Designed to give you an introduction to criminal psychology and forensics, the course will provide you a strong understanding in mental disorders and crime, aggression, gender, youth and crime prevention. You will also learn about the role of forensics and how it used to solve crimes, including evidence gathered using scientific principles. As an introductory course, it has relevance to various professions from crime writing to legal services.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Law enforcement
- Crime Prevention
- Social Workers
- Rehabilitation Officers
- Prison Guards
- Legal professions
- Security Professions
What You'll Learn
- This course is designed to teach you about criminal psychology and how psychology is used in law enforcement and crime prevention. Understand the many different theories and approaches to identifying the origins of criminal behaviour, from social learning theories to labelling theory and individual differences to gain a broad understanding of how crime is conceptualised. You will also gain a better understanding of the thoughts and behaviours of criminals and people who cross the boundary of what is considered acceptable in society
- This course was designed as an introduction to the scope and nature of forensic science; from how modern science can be applied in law, to how it can help to solve crimes
- Discover how it draws on principles and methods from traditional sciences as well as specific forensic science techniques, such as anthropometry, fingerprinting, and bloodstain analysis. Learn how evidence gathered using scientific principles is then prepared for submission in courts, to be presented impartially, to help uncover the truth
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 200 hours
- 100% Online
- Study at your own pace
- You must have an internet connection
- Many of our students are under the age over 18, however, we do need to speak with a parent or legal guardian
- If you identify as having a long term impairment, disability, or medical condition that may impact on your ability to complete online study, speak to us about the services we can offer
- Our courses and content are up to date and relevant in today’s market
- We have high-quality student support with experienced and qualified tutors to help you every step of the way
- Our courses are delivered 100% online and you can study at your own pace
- We have a market-leading student learning and communication platform
- Our courses are flexible, you will have long term access to the course content
- Our courses are affordable, we offer interest-free payment options for all students
- 12-month of access to course content
- We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive
- Upon completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, a Statement of Attainment for each module completed and an Academic Transcript
- Each lesson concludes in an assignment which is submitted and marked by your tutor and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments and if necessary, extra reading
- Your assessments will usually include case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Study with the help of our Tutors and the Student Support team to achieve an industry-focussed certificate.
- Enrol with us today to begin your future-focused learning journey
- After enrolment, we’ll give you a 5-day satisfaction guarantee to ensure the course is right for you
2 Key Modules, made up of 20 lessons:
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.