Turn your dream for horticulture and farming into a reality.
Have you always wanted to work outdoors? Maybe you have thought about turning a passion in horticulture and crop production into a career? This advanced certificate is ideal for anyone aspiring to expand their current business or setup into commercial crop production.
This course will build your foundation knowledge in horticulture before expanding into the various areas of crop production and farm management! The course is packed with all the information you need to start or expand and further your business journey. You can then select a wide range of electives that allows you to focus on the specific areas of farming depending on your niche area or interest.
The course also has a business module purely focused on the management and financial side of operation. This means you will not only be skilled and knowledgeable in crop production but also understand the key business concepts required to be successful in this field.
This course is going to be perfect for anyone looking for employment in this field, looking to start their own business or expand their commercial operations.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Production nursery worker
- Crop grower
- Orchard worker
- Crop processing
- Marketing, education and media
- Urban farming
- Small business in crop production
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Flexible duration (Ongoing Access to Training and Support).
Average Course Completion Time 35 +weeks
100% self-paced online learning
Delivered online to suit your schedule and lifestyle, this comprehensive Advanced Certificate in Crop Production is perfect for anyone wanting to learn the skills required to open up opportunities in the farming industry or starting a business in this area.
With so many different avenues to choose from, we have the ideal starting point to building the fundamental skills and knowledge to start your journey in farming.
- 24/7 course access to study at a time that is convenient for you
- Full tutor support service
- Certificate upon completion
- Learning material, downloadable PDF’s
- A complimentary phone consult and ongoing support with one of our qualified accountants
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted and marked by the school’s tutors before it is returned to you with any comments, feedback and if necessary, extra reading.
- Plant Propagation
- Outdoor Food Production
- Garden Planning
- The Root Environment and Plant Nutrition
- Protected Cultivation
- Horticultural Plant Selection, Establishment and Maintenance
- Horticultural Plant Health Problems
- Physical & Chemical Properties of Soils
- Soil Testing Methods
- Sustainable Soil Management
- Soils & Managing Earthworks
- Land Degradation & Other Soil Problems
- Soil Science & Health
- Soil Management
- Crop Production Systems
- Organic Crop Production
- Soils and Nutrition
- Nursery Stock Production
- Tree Fruit Production
- Soft Fruits Production
- Vegetable Production
- Cut Flower Production
- Herbs, Nuts and Miscellaneous Crops
- Crop Production Risk Assessment
- Structures for Protected Cropping
- Environmental Control
- Cladding Materials and Their Properties
- Nursery Nutrition
- Relationship Between Production
- Techniques and Horticultural Practices
- Horticultural Management In A Greenhouse: Pests And Diseases
- Harvest & Post Harvest Technology
- Greenhouse Plants
- Risk Assessment
- Soil Characteristics and Problems
- Estimating Plant and Soil Requirements
- Drainage – drainage systems, dams, etc.
- Types of Irrigation Systems
- Hydraulics – discharge and flow rates, etc
- Pumps and Filters
- Selecting the Right System for The Plant
- Trickle Irrigation
- Design and Operation of System
About Simply Learning Online
Simply Learning Online is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs