Lead a successful data privacy program and deliver strategic value within your organisation. Develop the capability to mitigate data risk and become a thought leader in consumer protection and trust.
Data privacy is becoming business-critical for companies balancing data-driven decisions alongside global regulations and the ethical handling of consumer data. Co-created with leading industry partners Lander & Rogers and Palo Alto Networks, this course will equip you with the skills to establish, lead, and measure a data privacy program within your organisation.
Who's It For?
This course is designed for mid-senior managers and legal, risk, and compliance specialists who’ve had exposure to data privacy and are looking to upskill. Providing a pathway to transition into data-centric roles, this course will help you lead a data privacy program within your organisation. Ideal students will likely be:
- Senior managers
- Team leaders
- Business analysts
- Security analysts
- Database administrators
- Project managers
- Change managers
What You'll Learn
- Understand the data privacy landscape and challenges facing Australian businesses
- Consider and articulate the data supply chain of your business to support decision making
- Explore the strategic value of having a proactive and transparent data privacy management program
- Develop an understanding of privacy regulation and ethical constraints in an Australian context
- Develop an understanding of the data lifecycle, and different types of data
- Consider key components of a data privacy management program and apply to an organisational context
- Review best practice recommendations for the implementation and ongoing assessment of a privacy program
- Navigate data privacy management implications of emerging technologies
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 weeks, 6-7 hours per week 100% online.
Online study, including interactive videos, assignments, prescheduled webinars, and a 1:1 online session with mentors and industry experts.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- What is data privacy?
- The data driven economy and the data privacy landscape
- Data privacy programs
Milestone: evaluate the benefits of data in an organisational context
- Key data privacy regulation from an Australian perspective
- Apply key aspects of Australian jurisdiction to your privacy program
Milestone: perform a preliminary consideration assessment
- Data engineering and the data supply chain lifecycle
- Assessing data and risk
Milestone: assess the risks within your organisation
- Step-by-step guide to data privacy programs
- Getting organisational buy-in
- Data privacy program controls
Milestone: evaluate the privacy management maturity in
- Establishing a privacy program communications plan
- Mechanisms to measure program performance
Milestone: articulate improvement areas and data
- Ethical considerations for emerging technologies
- How to respond to legal and technological change
Milestone: make recommendations for your business
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.