- You must be 18 years or older to take this course. Individuals who are younger than 18 are not eligible to undertake this course
- You must be either an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to undertake this course
Design Thinking is not exclusive to designers or those in creative fields. It is increasingly being used across the board to strategically improve processes, simplify complex problems and foster a culture of innovation to drive business value. In fact, while it produces game-changing solutions, this structured process actually reduces the risks associated with launching new ideas.
In today’s competitive workforce, understanding and implementing Design Thinking practices can boost your career. Over 50% of design-led companies learned Design Thinking from specialist academic institutions, coaches or agencies.
Who's It For?
If you’re looking to study flexibly online at your own pace and develop your Design Thinking skills, then this is the course for you. Our Design Thinking for Innovation course is ideal for:
- Those looking to upskill and elevate their career prospects with in-demand Design Thinking skills
- Strategic professionals such as marketing managers, product managers, growth leaders, innovation experts, etc. who are seeking creative solutions to business problems
- C-suite executives, founders and entrepreneurs who want to use innovation to grow their business
- Creative leaders like art directors, senior design leads, experience designers, etc. who manage or work with designers
What You'll Learn
This course will empower you to learn and practice end-to-end Design Thinking skills. Learning in this course covers 10 modules, delivered via a variety of mediums, including:
- In-house video content
- Multiple choice quizzes
- Design Thinking toolkit
- Links to additional resources
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 6-month access
- Approximately 60-80 hours
- Industry-aligned content
- Learn by doing
- Project-based learning
- Design thinking toolkit
- Industry recognised certificate
- Flexible and self-paced
- Custom learning platform
- Online but never alone
- Superior support
- Learn from the experts
- Alumni benefits
- Exclusive masterclass program
About Academy Xi
Our mission is to transform the world through education by empowering a community of changemakers with the skills to create waves of change and build a future-ready career or business.
To answer the insatiable demand for design and technology capabilities across all industries, we run practical, industry-relevant courses, in Human-Centred Design (UX, UI, Graphic Design and Service Design), Business and Marketing (Agile, Digital Growth Marketing, Product Management and Data Analytics), and New and Emerging Tech (Mixed Reality Design).
Designed and taught by passionate industry experts, our courses empower people and teams with the skills and confidence to stay ahead of the industry curve, build a future-ready career and transform their lives.