Design thinking is core to many of the most successful businesses and combines critical thinking and creativity to solve problems. Change your mindset to focus on solutions in our Design Thinking for Innovation short course.
Design Thinking has the opportunity to make or break your business. If you really get what people need – imagine the insights you could use to identify killer business opportunities and build bullet-proof products. Design Thinking for Innovation helps you to apply the best creative and analytical tools to develop real solutions for real needs, including personas, empathy mapping, prototyping and iteration models.
What You'll Learn
- Apply empathy frameworks to develop customer personas
- Use informed data collection for customer insights
- Identify customers’ pain and gain points
- Find inspiration
- Design and create rapid prototypes
- Work on iterative processes to improving business
- Design for and implement solutions
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 6 weeks
- Weeks 1-5: 5-8 hours
- Week 6: 8 hours
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- What is HCD?
- Your HCD Journey
- The Double Diamond
- Why talk to humans now?
- Know your customer
- Empathy mapping and personas
- Find insights from research
- Develop customer insights
- Frame your design challenge
- Rapid low-fi prototyping
- Prototype towards a design solution
- Test and learn
- Pitch your solution
- Review your pitch
- Product roadmap and MVP
- User Experience (UX)
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.