Artificial Intelligence (AI) has come a long way from the ‘expert systems’ of the 1980s. Forget about Skynet and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Today’s neural networks and machine learning algorithms are more likely to drive an autonomous car, analyse property markets, power a chatbot or help with clinical diagnoses and suggest treatments. In fact, the real challenge facing AI isn’t potential applications, it’s getting companies to recognise them. That’s why we created Developing AI Strategy.
With 31% of enterprises expected to add AI into their strategy over the next 12 months (Adobe), it’s never been more important to upskill. This is an industry-approved short course, powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS), that explores AI’s potential to disrupt your business. Master the AI basics, make agile decisions, and get ahead of the curve.
What You'll Learn
Developing AI Strategy equips your business with the latest AI thinking. Our industry pros will walk you through the AI fundamentals, you’ll have access to the latest tools from Amazon Web Services, and we’ll help you develop a real-world AI strategy for your organisation. Over eight weeks, you’ll also get to know the full AI stack: from Natural Language Processing and robotics to machine learning and Neural Networks. Best of all – you’re learning from Australia’s leading AI experts at Versent and Eliiza.
You’ll learn to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- Use Amazon Web Services tools to master the basic AI applications
- Create an AI business plan for your industry
- Learn the ethics and challenges surrounding AI
- Identify how AI can improve your particular business
- Communicate the benefits of AI to wider stakeholders
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 weeks
- Weeks 1-7: 5-8 hours
- Week 8: 8 hours
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- Understand AI and Machine Learning
- Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning
- Technology fundamentals
- Business applications across products, processes and insights
- Robotics and automation
- Natural language Processing
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Business casing
- Risks and limitations
- People and resources
- Collaboration frameworks
- Executing projects
- Technology Landscape
- AWS technology deep dive
- Data & Cloud strategy
- Select business opportunity to build a POC
- Understand requirements to build a POC
- Cloud and data strategy
- Optimising business case for ROI
- Anticipate risks and limitations
- Roadmap/implementation plan
- AI & Society
- Ethical considerations
- The Future of AI
About RMIT Online
A world-class education delivered 100% online.
RMIT University is a world leader in Art and Design, Architecture and the Built Environment, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Business and Management Studies. Ranked among the top 15 universities in Australia and 16th in the world for universities less than 50 years old, RMIT is known for being industry-led and producing exceptional career outcomes.
One of Australia’s original tertiary institutions, RMIT University has earned an international reputation for creating exceptional, employable and highly skilled graduates who want more out of their careers. We offer vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a broad range of disciplines, on-campus in Australia and around the world.
RMIT is now taking this excellence in work-connected learning online. Our new 100 per cent online, intensive postgraduate programs are designed for ambitious working professionals who are aiming high with their careers.
This carefully selected range of online programs brings together the academic rigour and industry connectivity of the on-campus versions and optimises them for the digital world. You’ll learn how to push the boundaries of what’s possible, create valuable connections and take your career into your own hands.
RMIT Online is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #3046).