There are currently 14 open jobs for every blockchain developer, making it one of the most in demand skills in the tech industry (TechCrunch). We call that an opportunity.
Developing Blockchain Applications is an industry-approved short course, developed in partnership with Accenture, Stone & Chalk and Flex Dapps. Supported by industry mentors, participants will apply their programming skills, speaking the language of Solidity to create a real-world Ethereum app for blockchain in eight weeks.
Developing Blockchain Applications is a hands-on programming course that deep dives into the largest, most widely used blockchain platform – Ethereum. Students will emerge with the strategic understanding and technical skills required to bring a decentralised application (DApp) to life on the Ethereum platform. We’ll encourage you to think widely examining the way developers are using blockchain to solve challenges and create opportunities using DApps.
As part of our community, you’ll be supported by expert mentors, complete an end-to-end industry project and become a multi-lingual Ethereum coder able to speak and apply Solidity, Web3 and Embark in the pursuit of DApps and DAos.
What You'll Learn
This course builds on Developing Blockchain Strategy and Designing Blockchain Solutions courses taking the plunge into hands on development and the technical aspects of creating apps on the Ethereum platform. Learn a new language and give yourself a competitive advantage.
- The case for Ethereum ecosystem and decentralised applications
- To understand the core of Ethereum, how to set-up/run a node and configure your development environment
- How to write smart contracts with solidity
- To test and deploy your DApp with Web3 and Embark
- To reate a front-end interface to interact with your DApp
- To tie it all together and build a real decentralised application under the guidance of industry experts
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 8 weeks
- Approximately 5-8 hours per week
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- Setting up Ethereum dev environment
- Solidity concepts
- Introduction to testing
- Referencing information
- User interface
- Access control and permissions
- Limitations of Blockchain/smart contracts
- Decentralised storage
- Interacting with IPFS
- Adding hash into smart contracts
- Applications of smart contracts
- Good testing plus tokens
- Usernames and registration
- Listening for smart contract events
- Comments and access control
- Dealing with Gas
- Where things can go wrong
- Setting up a node
- Project reflection with peers
- Tap into industry experts
- Future exploration on emerging trends
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.