Drive faster and more reliable software build and release cycles with DevOps. Learn the skills, tools, and processes to deliver business benefit and map out an implementation strategy for DevOps within your team.
Development and Operations (DevOps) is a set of tools and practices that automates processes helping build, test, and release software faster and more reliably. Walk away with a DevOps strategy that can be implemented in the workplace. Delivered completely online with Australia’s leading DevOps consultancy Thoughtworks, have the confidence that the content you’re learning is the industry’s best.
Who's It For?
Our DevOps course is suitable for mid-senior leaders, technical business professionals, or those from a less technical background looking to gain the knowledge, skills, and concepts of DevOps. Whether you’re looking to apply DevOps in a digital transformation or looking to elevate your career with this in-demand skillset, this course is ideal for:
- Product managers and product owners
- Agile coaches and scrum masters
- Project managers
- IT managers
- Business analysts
- Operations managers
What You'll Learn
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps
- Comprehend and articulate business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation and apply them in your team
- Critically evaluate how DevOps relates and benefits Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Explore case studies of IT organisations transforming to adaptive IT and DevOps models.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation
- Analyse, critique, and recommend DevOps models and workflow within an organisational context
- Appraise and select an appropriate strategy for continuous improvement including automation
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 weeks (8-10 hours per week) 100% online.
Online learning, including interactive videos, assignments, prescheduled webinars, and a 1:1 online session with mentors and industry experts.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- History, principles, and drivers for DevOps in digital transformation
- Business case for DevOps
- Performance metrics and performance indicators
Milestone: Define DevOps and list its key drivers
- Removing silos
- Evaluating roles and responsibilities within DevOps
- Autonomous teams and DevOps ways of working
Milestone: Undertake a DevOps maturity assessment for your organisation’s roles and responsibilities
- How to develop a DevOps culture
- Organisational models for digital transformation
- DevOps at scale
Milestone: Perform a DevOps maturity assessment for your organisation’s culture
- Foundations of continuous delivery
- Continuous delivery pipelines and minimum viable
- Processes of automation
Milestone: Build a value stream map of delivery
- Introduction to service management
- Measuring success with targets and metrics
- Observability and analysis
Milestone: Undertake a DevOps maturity assessment for your organisation’s service management
- Emerging trends in DevOps
- Advanced microservice and architecture
- Final project
Milestone: Present a DevOps strategy for your business
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.