Agile is a highly effective framework that’s transforming the way organisations operate and deliver value to their customers. This course explores the techniques needed to run, and ensure the success, of agile projects and supports students in real life applications of agile working practices.
This course will help you discover the benefits of sprints, stand-ups and scrums, as well as how to foster continuous improvement by designing effective project retrospectives. You’ll gain insights into efficient project management using lean thinking, and how to create organisation wide agile change.
This course is an ideal first step for anyone looking to understand Agile methodologies and the benefits that Agile can bring to modern organisations. It covers all the fundamentals as well as the practical flair to immediately apply what you learn into the workplace.
What You'll Learn
Master the techniques to run agile projects and teams. Manage sprints, stand-ups and scrums, and foster continuous improvement by designing effective project retrospectives. Make ‘lean thinking’ your best friend, and make projects hum.
You’ll learn to:
- Identify key difference between traditional and agile business
- Prepare teams and projects for an effective agile approach
- Design and implement relevant visual management techniques
- Prepare, plan and execute agile meeting methodologies, such as sprints and scrums
- Design and deploy effective retrospectives
- Explore key agile methodologies including lean, kanban and extreme programming
- Implement feedback for continuous improvement in agile environments
- Monitor and evaluate agile improvement and plan for agile change across your organisation
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 6 weeks
- Weeks 1-5: 5-8 hours
- Week 6: 8 hours
No entry requirements.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- What is Agile?
- Agile benefits
- Agile fluency
- Key agile frameworks
- Agile tools
- Lean change management
- Agile goals and purpose
- Delivering value
- Clarifying change expectations
- Collecting and using feedback
- Agile improvement
- Implementing Agile change
- Scaling Agile
- Project reflection with peers
- Tap into industry experts
- Further exploration on emerging trends
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.