With the rise of new digital platforms like Uber, freelancer.com and an increasingly competitive and globalised business market, it’s never been more important to understand audience targeting, how to grow your brand and how to optimise and measure the success of campaigns. You can’t have a thriving business without a high performing digital marketing strategy. And that’s not hyperbole.
In this introductory course, you’ll get an appreciation for all aspects of digital marketing, from identifying customer behaviour and segmentation, to cracking SEO strategies and social-media campaigns.
You’ll be supported by industry experts and mentors, as well as working with a dynamic community of learners from a range of careers and backgrounds.
What You'll Learn
Learn the theory, then get hands-on identifying customer behaviour and segmentation, understanding SEO strategies and driving social-media campaigns. In this course, you’ll learn how to amplify messages online, along with the grounding to set up your digital marketing strategy.
You’ll learn to:
- Analyse key components of marketing in the digital economy
- Identify and articulate critical customer groups
- Evaluate fundamentals of effective SEO and SEM
- Identify critical components of paid and organic social media marketing
- Design and develop digital marketing strategies using key digital tactics and techniques
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 6 weeks
No entry requirements.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- What is digital marketing?
- Know your customer
- Customer journey
- Marketing mix
- Unique selling points
- Customer journeys
- Content marketing
- Understanding SEO
- Understanding SEM
- Social media marketing
- Facebook advertising
- Email marketing
- Measurement and optimisation
- Plan your strategy
- Present your strategy
- Review your pitch and peer review
- Develop your digital marketing skills
- The future of digital marketing
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.