Multiversity Scholarship Fund
- Available now for a limited time – $2000 scholarships to help you commence your journey with the Multiversity
- This is an exclusive opportunity to the first 100 Multiversity students and for industry, colleagues wishing to upskill their employees
The fourth industrial revolution, also known as Industry 4.0, is affecting almost every industry worldwide and rapidly transforming how businesses operate. The Diploma in Aerotropolis Industry 4.0 (Mechatronics Skills) is designed to equip students with the relevant employability skills required to successfully navigate Aerotropolis Industry 4.0, in addition to equipping students with the skills, knowledge, and attributes required for further studies in Engineering. The Diploma is designed to develop student’s ability to work independently, work within teams, problem solve real-world issues within their field, as well as offering a cultural induction in to the Aerotropolis Industry.
The Diploma is a nested course and students have the option to exit after one year with the Diploma or continue and complete two more years to graduate with the Bachelor of Engineering Science degree. Students may also transfer to the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program.
What You'll Learn
- A unique, collaborative program designed for the first intake of MV students
- First delivery by Western Sydney University’s College, with links to TAFE NSW and industry participation
- Activates the longer-term vision for education and training with universities, TAFE, and industry fully integrated
- Designed in the context of Industry 4.0, transforming almost every industry worldwide and rapidly changing how businesses operate
- Designed to equip students with the relevant employability skills to successfully navigate Industry 4.0 at the Aerotropolis, plus the skills, knowledge, and attributes for further studies in Engineering
- Designed to develop students’ ability to work autonomously, work within teams, problem solve real-world issues, a cultural induction in to the Aerotropolis Industry
- The Diploma provides students with a sound foundation from which to undertake further education and training in degrees in science and engineering at any of the Multiversity Universities
- Modular, block-delivery gives new flexibility and choice for students, with nationally approved and recognised outcomes which provide pathways to higher education and/or further skills training
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months exit with Diploma of Aerotropolis (Mechatronic Skills)
- 3 years exit with Diploma of Aerotropolis (Mechatronic Skills) / Bachelor of Engineering Science
- Online in 2021, with virtual laboratories and optional on-campus and in-industry experiences
Completion of Year 12 with specified ATAR to be determined year by year, or completed Certificate III or higher, or equivalent work experience.
Equivalent experience includes:
- Minimum of 1-year full-time equivalent Trade work experience; or
- 2 years full time equivalent Professional work experience; or
- 5 years’ General work experience.
Applicants seeking admission on the basis of work experience must support their application with a Statement of Service for all work experience listed on the application.
Assumed Knowledge: Two units of Science and two units Mathematics (not General Mathematics).
The Multiversity is a new way to access five of Australia’s leading education providers through one door.
The University of Newcastle, UNSW Sydney, the University of Wollongong, Western Sydney University and TAFE NSW have established the Multiversity – a new education, training and research approach, centred on the Western Sydney Aerotropolis.
Launching in 2021 the Multiversity will initially prioritise training in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, and professions such as Advanced Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, Engineering systems, Digital Analytics and Cybersecurity.
Together, our unique collaborative education model will deliver world-class, industry-engaged teaching and research across the breadth of STEM-specialist disciplines. This will involve:
- Bringing together higher education, vocational education and training, research and industry to facilitate lifelong learning; and
- Industry as a key participant in curriculum development
We’re just getting started – so check out our courses to connect the future of learning to the jobs of the future at the Aerotropolis Multiversity.
Qualification for this award requires the successful completion of 80 credit points which include the units listed in the recommended sequence below.
About Western Sydney University
As the largest and most established educational provider in Western Sydney, Western Sydney University has a 30-year track-record of collaboratively supporting its region’s development, generating in excess of $1.4 billion in economic uplift per year, across 11 major campuses.
The University has been an agent of transformation: delivering profound and considered research, education, training and infrastructure interventions to make positive, material changes across its region.
Western Sydney University is ranked in the top 500 in the world in the Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University and top 2% in the QS World University Rankings, and top 25 universities in Australia in the QS National rankings.
CRICOS Provider No: 00917K