- This course is only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Are you ready to make a positive and meaningful impact on children’s lives? You can look forward to a rewarding career in the Early Childhood Education and Care sector by completing a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care.
This course allows you to work in a range of early childhood education settings and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. NIET is the place for you to acquire the right skills, as we provide a warm and welcoming environment and all our trainers are caring and dynamic with extensive industry experience.
NIET is a highly reputable and established organisation that focuses on delivering top quality training to its students. Through a flexible and supportive learning environment, you will develop the confidence skills and knowledge you need to work in early childhood.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Education and Care Educator
- Family Day Care Educator
- Team Leader
- Early Childhood Co-ordinator
- Assistant director or director
What You'll Learn
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Fostering the holistic development of children
- Facilitating compliance
- Designing and implementing curriculum
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Leading terms
- Reflecting on own practice
- Partnerships with families
- CPR and First Aid
- Food handling
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 46 weeks- 2 days per week
- 300 hours of work placement
Practical Placement: 300 hours
We have connections with a range of childcare centres, that provide our students with hands-on learning in high quality childcare centres during Practical Placement.
NIET provides its students with additional practical placement hours, as it gives students a chance to gain extra hands-on experience and further develop their skills in the workplace. Employers look favourably on students who have completed additional hours, as it enhances student’s knowledge and develops their skills.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is recognition of prior learning and may allow some students to have prior experience assessed. Credit transfers are available to students who are able to present appropriate evidence. For further information regarding Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers please enquire now.
We use a range of assessment methods including:
- Written assessments
- Case studies
- Group discussions
- Workplace portfolios
- Oral questions
- Practical placement logbook
NIET is operating as normal during COVID-19, in line with government measures. Scheduled courses are still going ahead.
About Nepean Industry Edge Training
As a quality-focused and reputable training organisation, our industry connections allow us to train students in current practices, giving our students job-ready skills upon course completion.
Our industry experience means we understand what the workplace is looking for in the way of staff and make sure courses will give employers and individuals the maximum return on their investment.
We know that when training is delivered clearly and concisely by passionate individuals, all students have the opportunity to achieve their potential. The result is a competent and confident employee that contributes real value to the organisation.