Mentor Education’s nationally recognised FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting (Pathway) qualification caters to candidates with skills and knowledge gained through career experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting roles.
This pathway has been designed for students who may not be able to meet formal entry requirements into the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting, with no academic prerequisite qualifications required to undertake this course.
Who's It For?
- Mentor Education’s FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting (Pathway) is suitable for candidates currently working in bookkeeping and accounting roles who are seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts Clerk
- Accounts Payable Officer
- Accounts Receivable Officer
- Assistant Accountant
- Senior Bookkeeper
What You'll Learn
This intermediate course introduces students to a broad of accounting and bookkeeping topics, including:
- The preparation of tax documents for individuals
- Management of budgeting and forecasting
- Provision of management accounting information
- Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
The total duration for the course is 24 months.
The course has been structured so that delivery will complement the training with step by step required skills and knowledge, providing the learner with an efficient delivery model from start to finish, ensuring each individual’s needs will be met with their specialisation award.
Mentor specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Study online at your own pace, giving you the flexibility to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst also fulfilling your other life commitments. Virtual tutorials are available for part of this course.
Unlimited e-mail and phone support are provided by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so you’re never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during your studies.
Face-to-face Instructor-led Virtual Classroom
Virtual Classroom is the fastest way to achieve your qualification. Conducted via video conference and facilitated by industry professionals skilled at making the learning experience interactive.
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for you to successfully complete this course, it is recommended that you have strong literacy and numeracy skills and have some practical bookkeeping and accounting experience either gained on the job or through previous studies.
After enrolling into this program, you will be have the option to receive student membership with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and/or the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) and free of charge.
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers student membership
You will have the option to receive a complimentary Student Membership to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, valued at $120. This entitles you to the following services with the ICB:
- specialised student newsletter keeping you up to date with changes in the industry,
- student resources to assist you in learning more about working as a bookkeeper; and
- network meetings with industry professionals
Institute of Public Accountants student membership
As part of your Institute of Public Accountants student membership you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to IPA’s online Magazine Our Public Accountant Digital Hub
- Introductions to popular IPA Discussion Groups, held all over Australia, with top speakers on a range of subjects
- Invitations to events and networking forums with top accounting and finance leaders
Once you have completed your studies you will have a chance to upgrade your student membership to become a Graduate Associate of the IPA.
Assessment may include:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Short answer questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Case Study and Scenario’s
- Research Tasks
- Role Play
About Mentor Education
Established in 2003, we are Australia’s largest privately owned training organisation focused purely on Financial Services & Business training market. Many of our graduates currently work for Australia’s leading financial services institutions (including Big 4 Banks) and small businesses all around Australia. Building on the strong relationships we develop with learners completing our courses, our industry experts are available by arrangement to provide ongoing mentoring on an individual or organisation-wide basis.
Exemplary Student Support
With nearly 20 years’ experience, Mentor Education has gained an enviable reputation amongst financial and business services professionals as a result of its commitment to providing an exceptional student experience, professional training and assessment material supported by best of breed technology and a dedicated, passionate team.
Our commitment to you
Our commitment is exemplified by the high level of student support received – our industry experts and assessors are available to personally respond to your questions and offer constructive feedback and guidance.
Mentor Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21683)