This course will extend your theoretical and practical skills for an advanced career in accounting and finance. You will learn about budgeting and forecasting, preparation of financial reports, internal control, income tax returns and legislative compliance.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Office administrator
- Senior accounts clerk
- Assistant accountant
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Full-time: 6 months
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be aged 17 years and over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants must have completed either the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set, FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting, FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent
- Applicants are required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)