- It is a fee-for-service course. VET student loans and payment plans are available
Gain practical skills and experience to help people suffering from substance abuse by taking up the CHC53215 Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs.
Our Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs course will equip you with knowledge and practical skills, so you can help others break-away from their drug and alcohol dependency.
The course covers aspects of counselling including promoting better health, rehabilitation and counselling those who have long-term addiction. In our 12-month course, you will learn skills to effectively communicate with clients, assess their needs and develop programs that will encourage people to make better life choices.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Drugs and Alcohol Counsellor
- Service Coordinator
- Youth Liaison Officer
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Case Manager
- Support Worker
What You'll Learn
Our CHC53215 Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs course covers a range of content including; Professional Practice, Advocacy, First Aid, Counselling Relationship, Client Relationships, Co-existing Needs, Interventions, Trauma-Informed Care and more.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
12 months with the opportunity to extend.
- This course is offered fully online with practical assessments delivered through Video Conferencing and our Purpose Practicals service
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums.
There is no work placement required for this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face.
TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities.
You will learn how to communicate effectively with people dependent on drugs and alcohol from all walks of life and to establish recovery programs and to counsel them as they set out on their road to recovery.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)