A beautiful career is waiting for you
Our most popular, industry-recommended and internationally recognised beauty course. Develop the skills to be qualified in this in-demand trade with global employment opportunities and a variety of industry fields and specialist areas.
Get started on your journey to excel in an industry that is predicted to continue to grow over the coming years. Learn the foundation skills you will need to start your career in a life-long trade. Skills that will help you on your way to becoming a beauty specialist.
Our Beauty Diploma has ITEC Accreditation, making this course recognised in 39 different countries internationally. Nationally it is the highest qualification available in beauty. You will learn everything industry requires to employ you as a beauty therapist including all the knowledge about the skin and body, how it functions and how to work with each client. You will also learn the practical skills you will need to successfully perform beauty services and package treatments like facials, skin treatment, massage, waxing, mani & pedi and makeup.
The exciting thing about a career in beauty is that it is always evolving and after you graduate you may even decide to work in related fields with the opportunity to upskill. Injectables, advanced or paramedical skin-care, anti-ageing and beauty product development, laser hair removal and body piercing.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Wellness Centre
- Beauty Salon
- Day Spa
- Product Manager
- Small Business Owner
- Cruise Ship Worker
What You'll Learn
- You will learn everything from the basics of salon treatments like waxing and Mani & Pedi treatments to more complex treatments like facials, advanced skin-care treatments and body treatments including massage. You will also learn how to treat your client safely and hygienically to maintain a beauty industry standard. You will learn what industry timeframes for treatments are and how to make sure you complete treatment on time
- You will gain knowledge about products and skin-care and how to prescribe the best skin-care regime for individual clients, how to resolve problems with the skin and the body, and how to relax care for and nurture your clients so they can unwind
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Sunshine Coast
Duration and Study Load
- 4 x 10 week terms – (Full-time)
- 6 x 10 week terms – (Part-time)
Face to Face Delivery
- 4 x 10 week terms – 2 days a week face to face (Full-time)
- 6 x 10 week terms – 1 day a week face to face (Part-time)
Flexible Teacher-Directed Independent Study
- Online 17 hours/week over 4 x 10 week terms (Full-time)
- Online 15 hours/week over 6 x 10 week term (Part-time)
- Students should have completed Year 12 (or equivalent) or provide successful completion of an AQF Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English). Alternatively, a literacy and numeracy test will be organised by Demi after you enrol
- The student must display the required level of competence Demi International reasonably believes is required for a Diploma level of Study. Younger applicants are welcome to apply, and entry will be at the discretion of the RTO
Why Choose Demi International Beauty Academy:
- Study your way – Full Time or Part-Time
- Payment Options available – Study now, pay later
- Dual Qualification options available – add Salon Management for a complete skill-set
- Experienced and passionate trainers, that are dedicated to your success
- National and International recognition
- Industry Experts that teach you the latest trends
- Opportunity to receive a DMK Scholarship –for Advanced Skin Training
- Fully functioning Salon to give you real-world experience
Our Diploma gets you Job Ready – Salon Day
- We have a fully functioning salon in each of our campuses. The salon is opening to the public, who can book online for salon treatments with you
- You get to practice what you have learnt on real paying clients, learn to run a salon and salon reception and you will work with a variety of clients and situations. This means you don’t have to go elsewhere to find a placement to complete your practical training. In our fully functioning salon, you are 100% supervised as you grow in confidence and build your expertise.
- All teacher-directed learning
- Linen service
- All products and skincare
- Industry experts
- Photographers and shoots
- Field trips
- All resources and materials
- Support sessions
- Makeup brush roll
- Online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Online textbook
- Beauty tunic
Ana TurveyDiploma of Beauty Therapy Graduate
Selina McGaffinDiploma of Beauty Therapy Graduate
Chloe MacionisDiploma of Beauty Therapy Graduate
- A Diploma of Beauty SHB50115 completed with Demi International also provides further higher education pathways into degrees such as Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Psychological Science, Bachelor of Digital Media and Communication, Bachelor of Business with the University of Southern Qld and Southern Cross University
Meet our instructors
- We value a great education. Our instructors for the Diploma of Beauty Therapy have over 30 years of practice experience working with clients in a variety of fields; most of our Trainers each run their own successful businesses and have a wealth of knowledge and experiences to share with you. Each instructor holds more than one qualification in Beauty, Business & advanced Treatments
- They are qualified trainers and assessors that meet the Australian Government guidelines for trainers
About Demi International Beauty Academy
Demi International are the industry choice for job-ready and well-rounded graduates. Time, quality, and nurturing of students learning is our priority. To deliver excellence in education, we have worked closely with industry experts and employers to ensure our graduates receive the most current information and skills that are relevant and most valuable to industry employers. With great education comes opportunity, as a number of our students have been offered employment prior to graduation.
All courses are recognised with the Australian Qualification Framework and nationally accredited. Giving you a range of further study options and pathways into University, with the opportunity to receive recognised study credits into a Bachelor degree. Plus our Diploma of Beauty Therapy and Diploma of Remedial Massage are internationally recognised in 39 countries through ITEC giving you the chance to explore global opportunities.
Demi International delivers nationally accredited units, courses and qualifications for sort after skills. We have been a trusted provider of quality education for more than 13 years, with thousands of happy graduates.
All of our courses are Flexible face-to-face study options that give you the time to study, work and play. With four campus locations in Queensland, you can study where it suits your lifestyle.
We ensure small class numbers and student-focused support from trainers with over 30+ years of industry experience. Our completion rate is over 95% and we have an extremely high employment rate on graduation.
Demi International Beauty Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32542)