Would you like to become a qualified beauty therapist working in a salon, day spa, resort spa, or international spa? This diverse beauty therapy course equips you with advanced skills and knowledge to work at a senior level in the industry.
Our diploma program is well-regarded in the industry. In fact, our graduates have achieved 100% employment rate for the last two years!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Senior beauty therapist
- Beauty therapy salon manager/owner
- Spa therapist
- Beauty trainer
What You'll Learn
You’ll develop practical skills and theoretical knowledge in beauty therapy fundamentals as well as advanced spa therapy treatments including:
- Lash and brow tinting
- Manicures and pedicures
- Massage, including hot stone and Indian head massage
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 1 year
- 4 days per week
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over
- Applicants must be able to provide their Year 12 certificate OR evidence that they have completed a Certificate IV or above level, otherwise they will be required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
You will complete 20 hours of industry placement.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), formally recognises a person’s existing skills and knowledge towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on work
- Written assignments
- The Studio Salon Assessments
- Team projects
- Industry placement
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)