Do you have a passion and drive for everything beauty? Are you looking for an inspiring career in the beauty industry? With the Diploma of Beauty Therapy course, we offer the highest qualification in the beauty industry to give you skills and knowledge in the art and science of beauty, aesthetics, and wellness.
The Diploma of Beauty Therapy course at TrainSmart Australia teaches a range of beauty treatments as well as skills and knowledge in how to successfully start and manage a Beauty Salon, Skin Clinic or Wellness Spa. Using quality products with well-known brands such as Dermalogica, La Clinica and Lycon, you will study traditional beauty treatments along with modern, on-trend treatments.
This course also explores the science behind beauty treatments and why therapies are so successful.
This course is delivered through blended learning, where much of the course work will be completed online through our student portal and face-to-face classes occurring every 6-8 weeks. Our beauty trainers have extensive industry experience and a passion for the beauty industry, priding themselves in developing and training exceptional beauty therapists. You will receive practical experience with clients under the guidance of our qualified trainers while you study face-to-face and online.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Beauty Salons
- Skin Clinics
- Day Spas
- Home or mobile beauty business
- Sales consultations for Skincare and Beauty equipment businesses
What You'll Learn
In this course, you will learn knowledge and practical skills for a wide range of beauty treatments and services for both face and body including:
- Advance Facial Techniques
- Microdermabrasion and electrical equipment
- Skin Science
- Beauty Enhancements and Makeovers
- Spray Tanning
- Lash and Brow Treatments and enhancements
- Male and Female waxing
- Full Body Massage
- Spa and Wellness Therapies
- Prescribing Skincare and Retailing
- Business Skills
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months with the opportunity to extend
This course is delivered through blended learning, with face-to-face practical assessments occurring every 6-8 weeks.
Face-to-face practical assessments locations include;
- WA – Perth
- VIC – Burwood
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
- You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums.
- Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises and assessments) either online or face-to-face. Face-to-face workshops are scheduled every 6-8 weeks to practice and assess your practical assessments
- TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)