- This course is eligible for JobTrainer and Free TAFE in 2021
Are you pursuing your builders registration, or looking for supervising or contract administration roles? The Diploma of Building and Construction course will help you achieve this goal.
You will learn about the latest building industry skills required to plan and coordinate the construction of medium-rise residential and commercial buildings as well as construction theory, contract administration, supervision skills, and quality risk factors.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Building works supervisor
- Registered builder domestic (unlimited)
- Registered builder commercial
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration and Study Load
Full time – 3.5 days per week | Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (half day) and Thursday | 9.00 am – 12.30 pm and 1.30 pm – 5.00 pm
Part-time – established upon enrolment
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants are required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Industry group: applicants will be selected on demonstrated history in a construction related industry
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)