- This program is intended for experienced tradespeople who are serious about investing in themselves to develop career path opportunities for the future. It requires a commitment to attend training and to complete assignments within specified deadlines
This course (CPC50220) is designed to meet the needs of people working in the building industry whose intention is to become a Registered Building Practitioner, satisfying the education requirements of the VBA.
It is specifically designed for learners from a trades background who have already completed the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (CPC40120), and who can demonstrate commitment to taking another step in their career pathway. It requires learners to be actively engaged in the construction industry so they can demonstrate the practical aspects of the course in their worksites.
What You'll Learn
Graduates of this course will develop and display a range of skills to effectively and efficiently manage building projects, focussing on the following core objectives:
- An understanding of the importance of site safety and risk management
- How to monitor and control project costs and costing systems
- How to apply the critical quality and risk management processes required in a building project
- Application of quality standards to material selection
- Application of building codes and standards on medium-rise construction projects
- How to evaluate tenders and prepare responses
- Supervise the planning and apply site surveys, structural principles and service layouts for medium-rise buildings
- How to manage environmental and energy practices and processes
- How to manage construction work
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Narre Warren
- Mornington Peninsula
Duration and Study Load
- 18 months (12 months with credit transfers). 1 x 5 hours class per week. Learners will be expected to commit about 10-15 hours per week in their day- to-day workplaces to learn, practice and demonstrate the skills taught
- Student who holds CPC40120 Cert IV Building and Construction, the course duration will be reduced to 12 months
- Face to face classroom (or delivered in the workplace), supplemented by extensive workplace practice
- CPC40110 Cert IV Building & Construction (Building). Learners who do not meet this pre-requisite will be required to undertake an additional 4 units of study over 13-14 weeks
- A current White Card certification is required. Learners must be employed in a position in the construction industry that allows them to demonstrate the application of the process and management skills required by the program
- Learners will need access to the internet for on-line research and activities.
- LLN will be assessed prior to course commencement
- Programs can be customised to meet individual or workplace requirements. On the job training and assessment, activities are built into our programs to benefit employers and enable learners to develop relevant workplace skills
- We actively tailor training for people from diverse backgrounds, including those with disabilities, and encourage all to apply
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Students who believe they have sufficient past experience to demonstrate full competence against particular units may apply for RPL
- Theory & knowledge assessments
- Case studies
- Practical exercises
- Project Work
- Workplace observations
- Learning resources will be provided including; training manuals, powerpoint presentations, You-tube clips, webinars etc
About The Management Edge
Since 1982 The Management Edge has been a well respected and established training consultancy operating throughout Australia with head office in Melbourne. Over the past 30 years we have provided creative training and education solutions to many of Australia’s most prestigious public and private companies as well as governments in the ASEAN and Pacific Block.
Delivering over 35 nationally accredited qualifications, in business, management, logistics, manufacturing, mining and safety, we have established a reputation for delivery of quality workplace based training and improving workplace performance through customised programs and consultancy services. We now also offer a range of in-house and online training programs.
TME has also established international partnerships with offices located in India and China offering programs to international students.
The Management Edge is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 3927)