The Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) CPC50210 is a nationally accredited program, designed for construction workers wanting to work as a foreman, site manager or senior manager within the medium-rise building and construction market. It is the perfect step-up from low-rise construction projects, and for those who are looking to leverage their skills to move into commercial works across a range of tasks.
Join a growing sector in commercial works covering a wide span of different types of commercial projects. Run your own business or work as a leader for a large employer. This accredited program will provide knowledge of WHS obligations, commercial aspects of large projects, tendering processes, structural principles, and understand the elements of best practice and successfully manage sub-contractors.
If you are planning to apply for an Industry Builders Licence* or Medium-Rise Builders Licence, the Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) CPC50210 qualification is what you need. Please refer to your state building authority for further details on building licence application. At Techskill Academy, we offer this course via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and in a blended learning context including online self-paced study and tailored solutions to suit your busy schedule, lifestyle and budget.
This qualification is relevant to today’s current industry standards and reflects the skills and competencies needed to grow a successful career or business. Completion of this course will ensure graduates are compliant and qualified to work within the medium-rise building and construction market. You can even take your building and construction management career to the next level with the Advanced Diploma Building and Construction next and become a qualified project manager or job site supervisor for high-rise construction work.
*Please refer to your state building authority for further details regarding the licence application.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Registered Builder* (QLD, VIC, NSW, SA)
- Construction Company Director (owner)
- Construction CEO
- Senior Operations Manager in Construction
- Construction Consultant
- Site Supervisor
- Leading hand
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 18 months
Recognition of prior learning
You might be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for your previous work or study, saving you time and money on your course. Ask our team about eligibility.
Self-paced online study
Online learning provides options for participants to learn in a self-paced environment. Perfect for those with busy schedules. Our philosophy is, Learn, Develop, Improve. Anytime. Anywhere!
Need customised study options? We have tailored options to meet you or your staff needs. Ask our experienced consultants how we can tailor a program to meet your busy schedule, lifestyle, and budget.
- It is a mandatory requirement that participants registering for full training in the Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) CPC50210 must be actively working in the building and construction industry throughout the duration of this program
- This does not apply to participants registering for RPL (recognition of prior learning)
- Participants will have access to student support services via phone, email, and SMS from Monday to Friday during business hours
- Access to a trainer and assessor via phone, email, and SMS 5 days per week, Monday to Friday during business hour
- Computer or laptop
- Stable internet connection
- An email account
- A phone
- Microsoft Office Suite version 2013 or later
- Recording device such as a mobile phone/video recorder
- Access to at least 3 people to help you demonstrate your ability to interact with others during course projects (Not required for RPL)
- RPL students only: Be able to provide at least 2 professional referees to validate previous roles, projects and work experience
The CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) CPC50210 requires the completion of 18 units comprising of 13 core units and 5 electives:
About Techskill Academy
Techskill Academy is a fully licensed and Registered Training Organisation (Provider License 45055). With a combined 50+ years of industry experience, Techskill Academy is committed to helping you improve your career and business outcomes through RPL and a list of high demand nationally accredited courses.
Why Techskill Academy?
- Techskill Academy is an Experienced Industry Professional
- Nominated for Telstra Business of the Year 2020
- All programs are written and contextualised by industry experts and meet current industry standards
- First-class documented work-flow system supporting your learning journey
- One of the most price competitive registered training providers in the country
Techskill Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#45055)