- Please note, this course is available to Australian citizens, Permanent Residents or New Zealand passport holders. It is NOT available for Subclass 500 visa holders
- If you have previously completed a Diploma or higher-level qualification, you are NOT eligible for Victorian Government funding
The Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) has been designed to meet the needs of people who are pursuing builders’ registration or looking for supervising or contract administration roles. This course satisfies the educational requirements of the VBA for builder registration.
This course delivered either face to face in a physical classroom environment or in a virtual environment through online classes. BCTA ensures that the training is delivered to the standards of a real workplace environment.
You will be trained by best trainers in the industry with extensive experience giving you a detailed insight into the skills and knowledge required to pursue a successful career in the Building and Construction industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Site manager
- Construction manager
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- Forest Hill
- Glen Waverley
- Williams Landing
Duration and Study Load
This program runs for 12-14 months of training delivery with an additional 2 weeks to ensure all assessment requirements have been met.
Classroom training for 1 whole day session or 2 half-day sessions per week, plus on-site visits as required. Regular Classes will be held throughout the week in different groups
The program can be delivered through classroom-based training or one-on-one coaching.
BCTA has taken a holistic approach to the design of this qualification. The modules are arranged in a sequence. The order in which you would do things in the real world.
You will be required to attend 8 hours each week, where your trainer will facilitate a range of learning experiences including:
- Trainer led instruction
- Discussion and debate
- Group learning activities
- Case studies
- Role plays & presentations
It is essential that students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills at Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Participate in a Pre-Training Review
- Not have previously completed a Diploma or higher-level qualification to be eligible for Victorian Government funding
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand passport holder
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning is an assessment process that assesses the individual’s relevant prior learning to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit.
BCTA will ensure that your prior learning and existing skills are recognised, irrespective of how or where they have been acquired.
You will be assessed through a range of assessment methods including workbook learning activities, written assignments, case studies, Questions & Answers, role play, presentations and projects.
The CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) requires the successful completion of 18 units of competency:
- 13 Core units, and
- 5 elective units
About Building and Construction Training Australia
Here at BCTA, we offer building and construction courses. We deeply understand the industry and have strong relationships within the building and construction community and have vast experience in the education sector.
Strong connections in the industry enable us to deliver qualifications that simulate real-world skills.
Our graduates depart with the confidence to take the next step in their career.
At BCTA, we strive every day to provide our students with current best practices, training simulated to provide industry conditions in order to develop their skills and knowledge. BCTA’s exclusive training materials and delivery methods will assist them in achieving the qualifications required as they journey along their chosen career path.
All BCTA staff will adhere to the principles and practices of equity in education and training; they will treat every student fairly and without discrimination. BCTA has procedures in place to ensure any student concerns are dealt with immediately and appropriately.
Building and Construction Training Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 22597)