CAL’s Diploma of Business (Records and Information Management) (Specialising in Health Administration) will give you key administrative skills and strengthen your ability to manage medical information and records efficiently, preparing you to manage the complete admin and recordkeeping function within a medical practice. You’ll also develop essential skills in managing business resources, budgets and operational planning while learning how to develop administrative systems to streamline processes and ensure your medical practice is operating efficiently.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Senior Medical Receptionist
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Records Administrator
What You'll Learn
- Implement and manage information management systems to increase efficiency
- Develop skills in managing budgets and financial plans to understand the business financial position
- Monitor business records systems and records management to ensure information is accurate
- Manage medical records and oversee information management systems to increase efficiency
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Approx 14 months
- As part of the unit HLTADM004 Manage health billing and accounting system, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for some assessments in an eligible industry workplace.
- You will be required to have access to your own eligible workplace, or an eligible host workplace, to successfully complete this unit.
- If you do not have access to an eligible workplace, please speak to our friendly Learning Consultants about tailoring your course structure to remove the workplace requirement and match exactly what you need.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies – not just a piece of paper.
We promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)