- This course is eligible for Jobs and Skills WA – Lower Fees, Local Skills Subsidy funding
RECEIVE UP TO 97% OFF THIS COURSE!**
Studying the CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services with TrainSmart Australia, you will learn skills to be able to advise, support and help various groups and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds and circumstances. It is crucial for you to know how to assess clients’ needs and direct them to appropriate services to meet their needs. You will be equipped with the right strategies and skills to assist, nurture and promote someone’s well-being.
By studying with TrainSmart Australia, you’ll be presented with many opportunities to develop and practice your counselling and communication skills before entering the workplace.
WA residents have the opportunity to study this course under government funding through the through the Jobs and Skills WA program. To gain the subsidy, you must fit the eligibility criteria and attend face-to-face classes (if you’re located with Perth, WA).**
**Discount available in Western Australia only through Jobs and Skills WA government subsidy. If you’re located in WA but living outside of the Perth Metro area, you may be eligible to study this course fully online through the Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Development Officer
- Family Support Worker
- Welfare Worker
- Disability services
What You'll Learn
- Our CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services course covers a range of content including; Community Development, Ethical Compliance, Manage Stressors, Promote Diversity, Respond to Crises, Service Programs, Support Processes, Community Work and more
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12-16 months with the opportunity to extend
- Online Blended, with face-to-face classes in Perth CBD; OR
- Fully Online – with practical assessments delivered through Video Conferencing and our Purpose Practicals service
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
To gain the Jobs and Skills WA subsidy you must reside in WA and meet the eligibility criteria below:
- You are an Australian Citizen
- You hold a subclass 309, 444, 785, 820, or 862 visa
- You are a partner or dependant of a holder of temporary Visa subclass 457
- You hold a Bridging Visa E (subclasses 050 and 051) with a valid application for a visa sub-class 785 or 790
Please note, we are unable to enrol international students at this time.
Along with meeting the eligibility criteria, if you’re located within the Perth Metro area you will be required to attend face-to-face classes. If you’re located in WA but living outside of the Perth Metro area, you may be eligible to study this course fully online through the Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy.
- You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums
- There is 100 hours of work placement required for this course. We have a Work Placement Coordinator who can assist you in finding work placement
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face
- TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities
- This community services course requires 100 hours of work placement in an appropriate organisation. TrainSmart Australia assists to identify a suitable organisation or the student may nominate an organisation of their choice
You will learn how to communicate effectively with members of the community and to develop programs for clients from differing backgrounds. You’ll also look at work and safety and how to manage stressful situations, as well as counselling techniques.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)