Are you a compassionate, optimistic and supportive person? Would you like to make a difference to the lives of others?
This qualification reflects the role of a counsellor who works with clients on personal and psychological issues using established counselling modalities.
Gain communication, micro-counselling and interviewing skills and learn how to assist clients whilst working in defined and supported counselling roles. This qualification is best suited to individuals looking to work in established agencies rather than independent practices.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Services Worker
What You'll Learn
- Learn to recognise and respond to crisis situations
- Learn to establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- Learn to apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
- Learn to facilitate the counselling relationship process
- Learn to research and apply personality and development theories
- Learn to apply learning theories in counselling
- Learn to select and use counselling therapies
- Learn to support counselling clients in decision-making processes
- Learn to develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- Learn to work with diverse people
- Learn to promote aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- Learn to work legally and ethically
- Learn to reflect on and improve own professional practice Learn to provide individualised support
- Learn to provide loss and grief support
- Learn to work with people with mental health issues
- Learn to manage personal stressors in the work environment
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months, full-time
Content is delivered online with trainer support sessions available at our delivery locations:
- Gold Coast
About Aurora Training Institute
Aurora Training Institute is a leading Australian nationally recognised Registered Training Organisation (RTO) of vocational education and training. We offer an extensive range of courses that are accredited under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), from Certificate through to Diploma level courses.
We also deliver a range of short courses for industry entry and professional development. We offer classroom, workplace and even online learning platforms so if there is a life you want, we can help make it happen!
Aurora Training Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32237).