Turn your passion for gaming into a career! When undertaking this course, you will learn how to design video games from the ground up, covering topics such as storyboarding, Artificial Intelligence in gaming, Character Design, Character Scripting, Programming with Unity and Visual studio and much more. At the completion of this course you will have the skills and knowledge to build a successful career within the digital and interactive games industry. Gain employment as an assistant animator, assistant game designer, games developer support, 2D/3D Artist support and more.
The design, graphics and programming skills you learn during this course will stand you in good stead to develop digital games briefs, either as a small independent specialist or as part of a larger team. You’ll also have an opportunity to work in new and emerging areas such as online game development, mobile device gaming, interactive internet and TV game development.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- 2D/3D artist
- Games Developer
- Graphic/media designer
- Interactive digital media developer
- Mobile games programmer
- PC games programmer
- Web designer
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support, and certification upon successful completion.
IT students also have access to Pluralsight’s online training library, one of the most comprehensive online video training library in the world and is delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Upskilled is ready to help you leverage previous study and relevant work experience to accelerate your progress towards a Nationally Recognised qualification.
All participants will require the following hardware and software:
- Browser Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 (or higher)
- Browser Mozilla Firefox 3 (or higher)
- Browser Apple Safari 2 (or higher)
- Operating System Microsoft Windows 7, 8 (or higher)
- Operating System Apple Mac OS X 10.4 (or higher)
- Processor Pentium III 1 GHz (or better)
- Processor Macintosh Intel-based or PowerPC G4 (or better)
- RAM 512 MB (1 GB or more recommended)
- Internet connection 256K (broadband recommended)
- Adobe Flash Player 10 (current version recommended)
- Adobe Reader 9 (or higher)
Other requirements may apply to supplemental offline activities. Omitting these optional activities does not affect course completion.
**NOTE: There is a requirement to download and install game editing software Unity5, and drawing/animation software Blender. The student’s computer must have the minimum requirements for this software.
- ICTGAM501 Create design concepts for digital games and 3-D media
- ICTGAM503 Create a complex 3-D interactive computer game
- ICTGAM523 Collaborate in the design of 3-D game levels and environments
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to the implementation of the WHS consultation process
- ICTICT419 Work effectively in the digital media industry
- ICTGAM514 Design and create models for a 3-D and digital effects environment
- ICTICT408 Create technical documentation
- ICTGAM521 Create interactive 3-D environments for digital games
- ICTICT514 Identify and manage the implementation of current industry specific technologies
- ICTGAM516 Animate a 3-D character for digital games
- ICTGAM517 Produce a digital animation sequence
- ICTGAM519 Manage technical art and rigging in 3-D animation
- ICTGAM525 Apply digital texturing for the 3-D environment in digital games
- ICTGAM518 Animate physical attributes of models and elements
- ICTGAM526 Create complex 3-D characters for games
- ICTGAM512 Create and implement designs for a 3-D games environment
*Upskilled may make changes to the course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or other regulatory requirements.
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)