- This course is not offered to International students
This qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so you work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. You may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Childhood Coordinator
- Family Day Care Coordinator
- Team Leader
- Play Group Coordiantor
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- 16 Months
- 240 hours of work placement
Delivery via Classroom OR Online/Virtual
The range of delivery methods may include, but not limited to the following:
- Lectures / Instructions
- Demonstrations and modelling
- Practice opportunities
- Brainstorming activities
- Group discussions
- Guided facilitation of individual or group learning activities, group work or project-based case studies
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into this childcare course. Students may enrol directly in the diploma level childcare course without completing lower ranked qualifications.
- Age: must be 18 years or over
- Undertake Pre Training Review
- Undertake an LLN test: Learning (ACSF Level 4), reading (ACSF Level 3), writing (ACSF Level 3), oral communication (ACSF Level 3) and numeracy (ACSF Level 3) are desirable to parcipate in the course.
- Moderate level of computer literacy and has access to Internet enable device.
- Student complete separate digital literacy test to identify the level of digital literacy.
- To achieve this qualification the candidate must have completed at least 240 hours of work placement as detailed in the assessment requirements of the units of competency
- If a student is unable to find an appropriate work placement, Hammond Institute will assist in finding the work placements
- Knowledge Question
- Written Assignments and Case studies
- Workplace Assessment
- Log Book
- Projects/Research Reviews
About Hammond Institute
Hammond Institute is a Registered Training Organisation which has been delivering quality training since 2001. Hammond Institute works with the community, industry and employers to develop and deliver innovative training that equips people for jobs.
Hammond Institute Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO NO: 90720)