- This course is not available to study in South Australia
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a highly sought after qualification within the child care industry.
Upon completion, graduates will have the skills and knowledge to become a lead educator in delivery of Early Childhood education programs for children in centre based and family day care. This qualification will also develop your ability to lead and mentor other staff in their early childhood education careers. The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care includes some management competencies designed to equip graduates with the knowledge to meet the daily challenges of working within the Early Childhood industry.
Whether you are considering studying a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care at our campus in Melbourne, via distance or through the workplace, our experienced and supportive facilitators will be with you every step of the way delivering quality and relevant learning opportunities to our students.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Learning Coordinator
- Early Learning Centre Manager
- Early Learning Centre Director
- Group/Team Coordinator/Leader
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
12 – 18 months
- To complete Selmar’s Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills meet required standards for Diploma level study.
- Completion of a course requirement form.
Unlike many other providers, we organise your practical placement for you so you can focus on your study.
It is a requirement for anyone who is completing practical placement or working in the Early Childhood industry to hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC).
The WWCC must be applied for immediately as it can take several months for your application to be processed.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior learning.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 15 years’ experience educating over 32,000 students.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood, before and after school and aged care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully-accredited blended courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Wherever our learners are on their learning journey, our structured yet unique approach supports each learner with their different needs and circumstances, ensuring they become equipped to make a positive, caring and compassionate impact to their personal and workplace environment. Our team of passionate, supportive and knowledgeable trainers can also help organise practical placement and are with learners from start to finish, helping unlock their potential, achieve their goals and thrive in their career.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)