- This course is not available to study in South Australia
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a highly sought after qualification within the child care industry.
Upon completion, graduates will have the skills and knowledge to become a lead educator in delivery of Early Childhood education programs for children in centre based and family day care. This qualification will also develop your ability to lead and mentor other staff in their early childhood education careers. The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care includes some management competencies designed to equip graduates with the knowledge to meet the daily challenges of working within the Early Childhood industry.
Whether you are considering studying a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care at our campus in Melbourne, via distance or through the workplace, our experienced and supportive facilitators will be with you every step of the way delivering quality and relevant learning opportunities to our students.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Learning Coordinator
- Early Learning Centre Manager
- Early Learning Centre Director
- Group/Team Coordinator/Leader
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
12 – 18 months
- To complete Selmar’s Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills meet required standards for Diploma level study.
- Completion of a course requirement form.
Unlike many other providers, we organise your practical placement for you so you can focus on your study.
It is a requirement for anyone who is completing practical placement or working in the Early Childhood industry to hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC).
The WWCC must be applied for immediately as it can take several months for your application to be processed.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior learning.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), With over 10 years’ experience educating over 24,000 students.
Selmar delivers dynamic, fully-accredited courses in Early Childhood, Aged Care and Disability education. We offer high-quality training both on-campus, blended and in the workplace, ensuring students have a real-life hands-on experience to succeed in the industry. In fact, 39% of our campus students received an offer of employment while on placement.
As pioneers in the RTO industry, our approach to education and assisting students in Australia is second-to-none, and yet working with industry we continue to innovate. Our courses are flexible yet robust, and blend industry requirements with the content, policies and procedures to give our students the best opportunities to succeed.
Selmar students enjoy a positive, supportive learning environment, provided by passionate and knowledgeable trainers. Our course materials and trainers are adaptable to suit different student needs and lifestyles. Our practical, innovative programs provide a wealth of opportunities, helping students to unlock their potential and thrive in their chosen career.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)