The CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a qualification that covers workers in Children’s Services who are responsible for planning, implementing and managing programs in early childhood services, in accordance with licensing, accreditation and duty of care requirements. At this level workers often have responsibility of other staff, students or volunteers and in some states may also be able to be employed as directors or service managers.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early childhood educator
- Outside school hours care educator
- Playgroup supervisor
- Recreation educator
- Family daycare worker
What You'll Learn
- Instigate and monitor the care, education, creativity, cooperative behaviour, holistic development and health and safety of children
- Design, implement and evaluate curriculum programs to an approved learning framework
- Challenge yourself on how to think outside the square about a child’s development and apply your theoretical learning in a practical context (driven by our close attachment to regular mentoring support and assessment in the workplace)
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Gold Coast
- New South Wales
- Central Coast NSW
- Port Macquarie
Duration and Study Load
Recommended Course Duration: 24 months (18 months where CHC30113 completed) self-paced learning
There are no formal entry requirements for this course however you will need language, literacy and numeracy skills at an appropriate level to complete the course.
To commence placement in a centre you will be required to have a Working with Children check.
- We are specialists –unlike other colleges who offer hundreds of courses we only deliver Early Childhood Education and Care qualifications
- Exceptional trainers – highly qualified and experienced trainers who will coach you and support you to achieve amazing results
- Tailor-made resources – taking years of learning from being operators of centres into a training package that is relevant and practical (and in our humble opinion is delivered through the most innovative Learning Management system on the training market!)
- Committed to a minimum visitation schedule at early learning centres every 3 weeks (subject to lifting COVID restrictions) for the ‘on the job’ assessment for trainees, apprentices and self-funded students. We offer remote support during COVID.
For Vocational Placement students you are also required to complete 240 hours of vocational placement, during which you will need to demonstrate your understanding and skills gained from the theory taught. We will arrange this for you shortly after enrolment at a centre close to home.
A unit of competency specifies the knowledge and skills, and the ability to apply those skills to a standard expected within the National Quality Framework of the Childcare industry.
Students may be assessed by one or more of the following methods:
- Oral questioning
- Case study
- Multiple choice
- Written short answer
- Or any other method outlined in the course information
About Kool Kids Training College
Kool Kids Training College is a Registered Training Organization with nationally recognized qualifications specializing in providing the best quality training for the Early Childhood Education and Care sector.
We provide a supportive environment for our students so that they can achieve their professional and personal goals. Giving each student the opportunity to evolve and develop in an environment which supports and develops their strengths, aspirations and career path.
The origins of our training college are from owning and operating Kool Kids Early Learning Centres in South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales, where we were frustrated with the quality of training in our own centres and felt we must demand better training. That was 7 years ago and since that time of accreditation as an RTO, we have grown to support some of Australia’s leading childcare centre groups across QLD, NSW and Victoria.
Kool Kids Training College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 40636).