- Bestchance courses are continuing to run and new courses will commence as planned. Find out how we are responding to COVID-19 by viewing the additional information section below
If you love children and love watching them learn, thrive and grow, then this cours e is for you!
With a CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, you will learn to support children’s growth and development whilst providing them with a safe and healthy environment.
This qualification also addresses the skills and knowledge needed to work in management positions and take responsibility for planning, implementing and managing Early Childhood programs, while supervising children, other educators, students and volunteers.
This course is perfect if you want to start a career as an Early Childhood Educator or if you want to upskill from a certificate to a diploma level in order to enhance your career.
Who's It For?
- People who have a desire to make a difference in the lives of children
- People who have the ability to communicate and relate easily to children
- People who are dedicated, reliable and patient
- People who have a passion for education
- People who want to progress their career as an Educator
- People who want to expand on their skills and experience.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Centre Manager
- Children’s Service Director
- Program Leader
- Child Development Worker
- Family Day Care Operator
- Early Childhood Consultant
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- Glen Waverley
- Truganina East
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- This course is delivered in the classroom, two days per week.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have a current Working with Children Check prior to commencing placement
Learn from industry expert trainers
Our trainers are well-regarded industry experts and are highly sought after with many students returning to complete further qualifications.
Network with our 100+ early years services
Bestchance manages over 150 early years services throughout victoria. We know the industry because we are the industry!
Personalise your learning in small class sizes
We keep our class sizes small to ensure you receive the personalised support and attention you need.
Increase your employability
We have a higher rate of employment outcomes than the state average and our reputation is well-regarded by employers.
Access our complimentary support programs
Our additional support programs, such as prepare for employment, digital literacy, study skills and conversational english give you the confidence to gain employment and succeed.
Students are required to undertake 240 hours of practical work placement. This is to be undertaken 1 day per week over the duration of your course.
This is further broken down into 120 hours with children aged between 0-2 years, and another 120 hours of children aged 3+.
Prior to the commencement of your work placement, you must have a current Working with Children Check.
Recognition of Prior Learning
bestchance Training recognises prior learning and offers a reduction of fees if credit transfers are authorised through an application process.
If you are applying for credit for a Unit of Competency you have previously achieved, we will require the following items before any Credit Transfers can be applied:
- Completed Credit Transfer Form listing the full name and code of the unit(s) you wish to receive credit for
- Statement of Attainment or Record of Results from the issuing Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
If you are applying for Recognition of Prior Learning for one or multiple units, this will be achieved through an application process. Your Course Adviser will be able to assist you with this prior to enrolment.
Our trainers will assess your learning using a variety of methods including (but not limited to):
- Question and Answer
- Reports / Projects
BUSINESS AS USUAL… JUST A LITTLE DIFFERENT!
The Victorian Government has advised that training organisations should remain open during Stage 3 of the state’s fight against Coronavirus.
Therefore, our courses are continuing to run and new courses will commence as planned. The safety of our students and staff is our highest priority, so we’ve implemented our own measures to minimise the risk of COVID-19. In line with Social Distancing recommendations, our face-to-face classes are spread out with one person every four square metres. In addition, we are offering remote learning via Zoom videoconferencing.
This is a difficult time for everyone, but you shouldn’t let it stand in the way of obtaining your qualification. And we’re here to help you achieve this.
About bestchance Training
bestchance Training (TOID 3695) has been delivering accredited training and short courses to students for over 28 years. We focus on quality and strive to bring best practice methods into the classroom.
Utisiling the extensive knowledge and experience of our own Early Childhood Educators across our many early year’s services, we ensure you are equipped with the most current practical knowledge for a successful career in a growing industry.
Our accredited courses are structured to ensure that students are workforce ready. To achieve this, we offer career guidance, job seeking support, study groups and access to industry professionals.
bestchance Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 3695)