- This course is only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
- This course is eligible for JobTrainer in 2021
Are you passionate about offering children the best opportunities for their individual development?
Our CHC50113 – Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care course is designed to train students in all aspects of childcare, from providing for care to babies, toddlers and children including assisting with routines, facilitating play to planning and implementing programs that support children’s development.
Some of the advanced skills you will learn in this course is how to make sure a facility follows the regulations of the National Quality Framework , management and leadership, health and safety management and develop and implement curriculum and programs for children including those with additional needs. The course has an ideal balance of theory and practical skills to ensure your confidence to advance in the workplace.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Senior Educator
- Room leader
- Manager or Director of Family Daycare or Long Daycare
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- The course is delivered over 46 face-to-face sessions with 1 session held each week. In addition to face-to-face classes you will be required to undertake self paced learning, which is approximately 15 hours on average per week
- It is expected that the course could take you 15 months to complete, though this can vary from person to person
- Online theory classes being run during lockdown
- The ability to travel to and from placements – placement hours can be early starts
- Access to a computer or smart device and the internet to complete your studies
- Obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) prior to commencing your placement
- The required Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills to complete a Diploma level course. This will be assessed in your pre-training review during enrolment
Practical placement is on the job training that you undertake during your course. This is a fantastic opportunity to practice the skills you are learning in the classroom in a supported manner.
MCFE requires you to complete 240 hours in the workplace in total and your trainer will visit you in the workplace to discuss any questions you have or go over training, and to observe and assess competency in skills towards the end of your placement hours.
Recognition of Prior Learning
You can ask for your relevant existing skills, qualifications and experiences to be assessed and taken into account when your level of competency is being evaluated. There will be a cost associated, refer to the statement of fees and charges.
If you have previously completed a unit with the same code as your new course, you will be eligible for a credit transfer and you will not have to repeat that unit. There is no cost associated with this process.
About Melbourne College of Further Education
Melbourne College of Further Education (MCFE) is a small and trusted RTO with over 20 years’ experience in training, supporting and inspiring students to succeed in their chosen pathway. We believe in real skills for real jobs, we take the extra time to customise our course materials and create new and innovative ways of delivering course content.
As a Registered Training Organisation [RTO] qualifications completed with MCFE are recognised nationally. Qualifications achieved through the Australian VET system are also very highly regarded internationally. Our mission is to provide pathways into industry to contribute to a successful, skilled and innovative workforce.
MCFE offers high quality training both face to face and via a blended online model, offering students options to undertake our courses in a way that best suits their lifestyle.
Our trainers are dedicated and highly qualified with extensive practical industry experience and committed to providing quality outcomes to our students and ensuring that all training is both engaging and an enjoyable experience.
Our student support team are extremely passionate and committed to helping students succeed. They are always on hand to help with any questions and provide students with the support they may need to complete the course satisfactorily, especially if circumstances change.
Melbourne College of Further Education is a trading name of iAscend Polytechnic (RTO 21340)